1. Manchester

CHELSEA

"No... No... No... NO FREAKING WAY!" I screamed, jumping up and down clutching my acceptance letter. My mom rushed into the kitchen.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Mom I'm in! I'm going to England! University of Manchester!" I started babbling mindlessly as my mom read and reread the letter. "YEAH!" I screamed as I ran out the door. It only took me a few seconds to make it to Dylan and Tyler's house. Without bothering to knock, I ran in. Typical, the door was unlocked.

"TYLER! DYLAN!" I screamed, running around looking for them. I heard an annoyed grunt as Dylan appeared from his room. His hair was messy, he was dressed in his boxers.

"I was sleeping," he groaned. He rubbed his hands over his face as Tyler came out.

"This better be important, I was editing."

"Without me?" Dylan asked.

"You were sleeping."

"Fair enough." I snapped my fingers.

"Hey. Hello? Remember me?"

"No." Dylan turned to leave but I grabbed his hand.

"You'll want to hear this." He looked at me uninterested. "I'm going to be in Manchester soon, so enjoy me while you can."

"Wait, Manchester?" Tyler asked.

"As in..."

"You are looking at a future student of the University of Manchester." There was stunned silence for a few seconds before they started yelling and jumping with me.

"YEAH!"

"I knew you would get in! Dylan gave me a bone crushing hug followed by Tyler.

"I can't believe we're lucky enough to all get into the same uni," Dylan said. He and Tyler were accepted for a volleyball scholarship, in a year that is.

"After our gap year. I got the scholarship, so when I get back from travelling the world, I've got a spot at uni! Anyways, I need to go apartment hunting. From my house. Is it hard to apartment hunt in another country?" I asked.

"Hmm, Canada to England..." Dylan muttered.

"I still don't get why you can't stay with us," Tyler whined.

"Well you guys are my best friends but you're... guys; I'd rather have a girl roommate. Or a girl friend."

"Girlfriend?"

"No, girl friend. As in a friend who's a girl?"

"I thought you didn't like girls."

"Most girls. They're either too loud, too obnoxious, too different from me, or have a horrible taste in music." Tyler nodded.

"Never be friends with someone who has a horrible taste in music." I rolled my eyes.

"Aha!" Dylan yelled. "I found it!"

"Found...?" I questioned.

"The perfect apartment. It's not too far from campus, its big enough for us to come over and hang out, it's not too big and empty, it's cheap for its size, it's nice, the washrooms look clean, there are two bedrooms, a kitchen slash dining room, and a living room. It's only about a block down from ours." I peered over his shoulder at his Mac. It was nice, the walls were a greyish green, the floor was hardwood. I wouldn't be staying there all the time, but it was always nice to have a home to get back to.

"I like it. I guess we'll be checking it out once we get there. Speaking of which, when are you guys going?"

"Second week of August."