10. Kisses and Hotel Rooms

HARRY

I stood in the hallway, looking at the door inquisitively, wondering why Chelsea had left so quickly. It was quiet in my hotel room again, too quiet. There wasn't any music playing, no TV sounds, not footsteps. I sighed and flopped back on the bed. It felt as if Chelsea had taken the happiness she had brought with her, leaving me colder and more alone than before. That's why you can't let her get close. I told the annoying voice in my head to shut up and rolled over uncomfortably.

My phone buzzed as a text flashed onto the screen. "Hey man, you okay?" I was hoping it was Louis, but it was Zayn. Why was he texting me?

"Niall and Liam are going to be in London next weekend, you should come back. They're worried about you, you know? I am too Harry. Just don't do anything stupid while Louis' not there." I rolled my eyes at his dramatics.

"I won't be doing anything stupid."

"You sure? No drinking my yourself, no starving yourself, no moping around for days on end? Nothing dangerous?" I knew he wasn't just worried about those things, there was something else too.

"Spit it out Zayn."

"Don't hurt yourself, okay? No cutting, no poisoning, no drugs, no drinking." Well that was blunt. I sighed and tossed my phone to the ground, not caring if it broke. It didn't. I'm not sure when I fell asleep, sometimes being awake and being asleep felt the same to me. But I knew I drifted off at one point, because there was someone knocking on the door, waking me up in the process.

"Hello?" I asked hesitantly. I wasn't too keen on opening the door wearing just my boxers.

"Um, it's Chelsea. Hi?" I perked up a bit and let her in quickly. She jokingly shielded her eyes when she saw what I was wearing.

"Harry, that's not very appropriate," she mocked.

"I'm so very sorry, m'lady." She sighed and shook her head in disapproval.  

"Go get dressed." I pouted.

"I don't wanna!"

"Too bad, go." She sat down on the couch and refused to look at me. Finally I sighed and left the room. I pulled on a pair of skinny jeans and red plaid button up shirt with a black t-shirt underneath. I debated on wearing my necklace, but decided to anyways.

"Done!" I sing-songed, sitting on Chelsea's lap. She groaned.

"Harry you're almost a foot taller than me and you weight a hella lot more, so kindly get off."

"Nope."

"Harry! Don't make me count to three!" I could hear the smile in her voice. "One... Two... Three. Okay then, you asked for it." I was surprised when stood up and shoved me off, making me fall to the ground with a thud. She then proceeded to sit back down as if she had done nothing.

"That wasn't very nice," I said, rubbing my bruised hip.

"Neither is sitting on someone a foot smaller than you." She smiled innocently at me. I made a face in her direction before reaching up out of habit to play with my necklace. It drew her attention to it. I could practically see her wonder if she should ask about it after my reaction from last time. The curiosity got the best of her.

"Where'd you get that necklace?" My mood had soured as soon as she asked, even before that.

"Michelle." She looked at me confused.

"Who's Michelle?" I was silent for a moment. "Sorry, I'm prying," she quickly apologized. I sighed and leaned back on the couch.

"Um, she's my ex. She gave me this a while ago."