Epilogue

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'M SO EXCITED AND HAPPY TO BE BACK! Vacation and the beach sucked (please don't ask me about it. The best part was ending it, coming home, and getting to hang out with Sean Clark for 3 hours!! I truly missed him and I'm so glad I got time to hang out and catch up with him! Photos of us are posted on my fan twitter! To anyone that wants to meet Emily Kinney (Beth) or Chad Coleman (Tyreese) don't even bother. It was $40 for an autograph and $20 for a photo with them meaning it was $60 to meet them! And I was disappointed in them! They just kept their heads down and signed your items. The convention opened at 11 and I was done meeting Emily and Chad by 11:30 that tells you how short their lines were!

SO HOLY SHIT!!!! I left on vacations with a little over 90,000 reads!! I came back to over 102,000 reads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! over 2,000 votes, and over 1,000 comments!! You guys are so awesome!!!!

I am sad to say that this is the last chapter of FTLOD! I hate to see it go but it is time to move on! I have ideas for other stories so don't you guys worry!!

I hope everyone is with me after this small break!! If not I will be sad ='(

I hope you all enjoy the LAST chapter of FTLOD!

Here's the LAST chapter, Nords!

This will be a tad shorter because it is an epilogue and not an actual chapter!!

--

*10 years later*

It had been about 11 years since the apocalypse had begun. [A:N/ I wrote about a year of events so 11 years!] The island seemed to be the perfect place for us. It wasn't hard to find food and water. Though we were getting sick of eating fish it was food and we had plenty of it.

"DADDY!" I heard a child squeal. I looked up from the book I was reading to see the small child running to me with Daryl right behind him. The little one jumped up in my lap and buried his head in my chest. I smiled up at Daryl as his eyes sparkled before he sat down beside me.

"Is Daddy chasing you, Jacob?" the little boy nodded against my head as Daryl's arm slipped around my waist. He technically wasn't ours but we found him on a run and being only a baby at the time I or no one else had the heart to leave him behind.

Jake giggled as I tickled his tummy. "Dad!" I looked up to see Sophia coming our way now. She was 17 now but she had grew up to be a great young lady due to the crazy circumstances. "Uncle Merle needs help gutting and cleaning the fish for dinner," she said.

I sighed inwardly as Daryl nodded and kissed my head before heading off to find Merle. Sophia took Jacob from my hands and made silly faces. "How was taking the boat into town?" I asked her. Sophia and Merle took the boat back to the states every once in a while to see if they could get supplies.

They had been gone for about four days and on the inside I had been worried. Sophia shrugged a little. "It wasn't bad. There weren't that many walkers and the ones that are still out there are getting slower and slower," I nodded slightly and stood up.

I held my arms out for Jake and Sophia handed him to me before she stood up and followed me to the small house. I walked in and I was greeted by the smell of fish. Sophia groaned a little and I chuckled while patting her shoulder telling her that I understood.

I placed Jake in a makeshift highchair that Merle had made before grabbing a few plates and placing them on the table. I squeezed Merle's bicep as he walked past me before I walked into the kitchen to find Daryl leaning against the counter. He smiled at me slightly.

I leaned against him and wrapped my arms around his waist. Daryl leaned his head against mine before kissing my forehead lightly. "Whatcha thinking about?" he asked me. I sighed a little and leaned into him more. "Nothing just enjoying all of this," I said.

Daryl and I walked back into the dining room and sat down across from each other. We all dished our food out in silence. I looked up to see Daryl staring intently at me. I smiled a little as he winked at me before returning to his plate. I looked around to watch everyone who was at ease while eating their meal at the table. Maybe this was a life worth living for.

--

And that guys is the end!

Thank you to everyone for all of the love and support through this story and all of my other stories! My writing journeys are far from over!!!

Comment, vote, fan, follow!!

Remember guys it's not a "goodbye" just a "see ya later" I'm not going anywhere! I'm just moving on to new things! Follow me if you wish!!