Chapter 45

So over 42,000 reads on this story, over 1,200 votes and over 400 comments!!! WHOOP!! I honestly never believed that this story would actually get that many reads! I've learned through the world of fanfic that people are more interested in Daryl than Norman, which makes absolutely no sense to me. How could you not like Norman?! Without him there wouldn't be a Daryl! That role was made for him.....literally!!

I officially have 150 followers!!! Guys that makes me super special!! Thank you all!!!

I'm still at number 2 :( if you guys spread the word so I can get more reads and votes I bet y'all could get me back to number 1 in no time! But I'll just sit here and be patient :P

Okay so quick question. What do you guys think about me making a twitter account specifically for my readers so we could talk to each other! We could talk about the story, you could keep up on me when I talk about updating (I'll tweet when I'm writing the next chapter and when I'm updating.) We can just talk in general. If you guys ever had any questions about the story or any ideas you could always tweet me! I used to be able to talk to a lot of you on here but now that they took the chat bar away it's more difficult and I just figured a bunch of people had twitter!! I miss talking to a lot of you guys!! Anyway let me know in the comment section below!!

This chapter is gonna get a little crazy! Buckle your seat belts folks! It's gonna be a bumpy ride!

Reedus kisses for everyone!!!!!! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--

We had been at the Dixon's cabin for a little over a week and things were a little nuts. Though everyone seemed to be getting along just fine Daryl and I were constantly at each other's throats. Ever since we met up again he was constantly up my ass.

Wherever I went Daryl was trailing me. Merle and I seemed to be all good. He told how he had heard Daryl have countless nightmares and sometimes cried himself to sleep because I wasn't around and he didn't know if he was ever going to find me again.

Merle also told me that Daryl was truly sorry for the way we left things. I knew he was but something inside me was still hurting with the way we left things. Daryl told me he didn't love me and it truly got me to thinking if he really ever meant it when he told me.

I was currently making more bolts for my crossbow. It seemed like every time I turned around one was breaking or I was losing another. I quickly clicked the finished ones into my crossbow and threw it over my back. I trotted down the stairs only to be greeted by a pair of blue eyes.

"Where do you think you're going, Girlie?" I sighed and pulled my hair up into a ponytail. "I'm going to hunt, Merle," I said. I bent down and pulled the tension back in the bow before knocking an arrow. I looked back up to see Merle staring at me intently.

"What?" I asked him rather annoyed by his icy stare. Merle gave me that typical Dixon smirk. "You and I both know there's nothing out there that you can catch. It's the middle of winter," he said. I rolled my eyes. "Now, ya wanna tell me the real reason you're going out?"

I sighed and pushed a few stray hairs out of my face. "Ever thought I just wanted to get away for a bit? You never know what I might find," I said. It was early in the morning and I was hoping I could just sneak out. Obviously I was way wrong. Merle let out a chuckle.

"What's on your mind, Girlie?" he asked while gesturing the seat beside him. I looked out the window and back at Merle who raised an eyebrow at me. I sat my crossbow on the floor and took a seat. Merle leaned a little closer and caught my eye.

"Now, really, what's on your mind?" Merle asked while leaning in just a tad closer. I rested my chin on top of one of my hands. "It's your damn brother," it wasn't like me to not call Daryl by his name when I was talking about him, but right now I was a little pissed.