Chapter 1

This is my first TWD fanfiction with Daryl as the lead man! Please tell me what you think!!

Disclaimer: I dont own the walking dead :P as much as I would love too. I own the girl (Whos name you will find out later.

--

I was sitting in the back of the cube van and two people came to my mind, Merle and Daryl Dixon. I sighed and rubbed my hands over my face. Never in a million years would I imagine this was going to happen. The world had gone to shit and we were fighting to survive, some of us more than others.

Right now Merle was chained to a roof in Atlanta probably trying to pull his own arm off. My mind filtered back to Daryl when I thought about how he was going to act when he figured out his brother was left for dead. He wasn't going to happy about this at all. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a car alarm going past us.

I went to the front of the van to see Glenn speeding past us shouting and going nuts. "At least someone's having a good day," Morales said with a slight smile on his face. I looked over at our new arrival, who was driving the van. I know he saved our asses but I knew right when we got back to camp he was a dead man.

"You do understand he is going to kill you, right?" I asked the new guy. He took his eyes off the road and looked at me for a second. "Who?" he asked in return. I rolled my eyes at his stupidness. "Daryl, you're a dead man," I said. Morales pinched the bridge of his nose. "Merle's brother is Daryl and she's right he definitely won't be happy that you chained his brother to a roof," Morales finished for me.

The new guy smacked the steering wheel lightly. I couldn't tell if he was mad or not. I shifted slightly to move back to my spot when a sharp pain when up my leg. "Dammit," I cursed while flopping on the floor beside T-Dog. My left ankle up to my knee was killing me from the jump I took with Glenn earlier. We finally arrived back at camp and Andrea wasted no time jumping out of the back and taking off to find Amy and Morales did the same for his family.

I walked up and hesitantly placed a hand on the newcomer's shoulder. "Come meet everyone," I said and turned to leave the van. I grabbed my backpack and slid it over my shoulder. It was filled with medical supplies and medicine. Before the apocalypse broke out I was going to medical school so everyone automatically put me in charge of them and of course taking care of anyone that got injured.

I held back from cringing when I began to walk to the others. The sharp pain ran up my ankle with every step, but I didn't want to draw attention to myself for something so minor. I stopped abruptly when I saw Carl and Lori hugging Rick, the newcomer. There were tears and it wasn't hard to put the pieces together. I felt a smile come across my face. I bit my bottom lip as I felt it quiver.

A swelling feeling drew up the back of my throat and I knew it was only a matter of time before my eyes were completely watery from the sight. I'd give anything for my younger brother to still be alive. I quickly retreated to my tent suddenly not wanting to be with anyone. Once inside I wiped my tears away.

Our parents were already walkers. So we took a car and left. We were fine for the first few days, until I ran into Daryl Dixon and his brother. The last person on Earth I thought I'd ever see and now he's the only one I truly know. Everything turned to shit then. Merle of course being an ass like always. It was him and my brother against three walkers, and while Logan was loyal and covered his back, Merle didn't return the offer. I'll show no sympathy for the fact that we left him handcuffed to the roof. Of everyone, he deserved it.

It was miracle we found the rest of the group even though Daryl was reluctant in joining them in the first place. It was quiet now, with the sound of a few crickets in the bushes singing lullabies. I liked quiet, but it also meant Daryl wasn't back. If he was, he would have picked a fight by now. A small part of me prayed he was okay, but he wouldn't need it. He could take care of himself.