Chapter 42

WOOOOOOO!!! So I wanted to wait until I got back in town on Sunday to post this chapter but I couldn't wait because I was really excited for this chapter!! Thank you though so much for the 11 comments on the last chapter!!! That means so much to me! Keep those coming because I know you can do it!!!

Over 33,000 reads, over 900 votes, and over 300 comments!!!!!!!!!!!! Y'all are so freaking awesome!!!!!!

I'm still number 2 on the list!!! Get me back to number one by spreading the word about this story so I can get more reads, comments, and votes!!

So random question does someone or multiple someones :P want to make a cover for FTLOD. Make it put it on twitter or tumblr or some social networking site and then send me the link?!  Ill add a little incentive. The persons that I like the best I will send a sneak peek through a message of part of the next chapter and then that chapter will be dedicated to you!! You have until July 1st!!!!! Sound good?

Reedus kisses for everyone!!!!! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--

"Walkers" that word rang through my ears and instantly hit me in the stomach. I quickly packed all of our stuff and slung one of the bags over my shoulders. I grabbed my crossbow from the floor and ushered Sophia out the door with me right behind her.

We quickly ran down the stairs and met everyone else in the living room. "How many are there?" I asked while pulling Sophia closer to me. Daryl grabbed the other bag from my hands and threw it on his back. "Too many for us to handle, girlie," I heard Merle drawl.

"Alright then why are we just standing here?! We need to get moving!" I said. Rick and Shane glared over at me. "The walkers are in the front yard and we can't get to the cars," I rolled my eyes. We should've moved the cars to the back like Daryl had suggested.

"Then we have to distract them so someone can get the cars," I said. Rick ran a hand throw his hair but remained where he was. "Is anyone taking this seriously?! Let's move. Glenn I need you with me. Merle, Andrea, TDog and Dale need to go out the side to get the RV."

"Everyone else get ready to run. I walked towards the kitchen with Glenn. I slapped my bag on the kitchen table and started digging through it. "I don't like you going out there with Chinaman, Em," I heard Daryl's familiar drawl behind me.

I sighed. "Well, we really don't have a choice, do we? I got this, don't worry about me," I said. Daryl sighed put nodded slightly. He bent down and quickly kissed me before walking back to the others. "If you get me hurt I won't hesitate to leave you for dead," I said before marching past Glenn and up the stairs.

I quickly went back into the room we were staying in and opened the window. I was instantly greeted by the smell and the moans. I looked back to see Glenn right behind me. I climbed out onto the small balcony and hoisted myself up onto the roof before helping Glenn up.

"Alright we only have two flares a piece left. We need to make them count," I looked out in the directions of the cars. "We need to throw them in the opposite direction of the cars. If there are a few stragglers I know those won't be hard to handle," I said.

Glenn nodded and we both pulled the string on the flare lighting it. I looked down at all the walkers and let some of the sparks from the flare drop down to them before chucking it across the yard. I watched as some of their heads turn and they started walking towards.

"It's working," I whispered. Glenn nodded and let his flare fly. About 10 were left and I knew we still needed to get rid of them. I lit my last flare and flung it watching as half of them followed that one. I sighed and smiled a little. Flares were our best friend.