Chapter 49

Okay a couple things!!! Over 52,000 reads over 1,500 votes and over 500 comments!!!!! Y'all are so awesome!!!!

Okay CONTEST TIME!! (There's two so pay attention!!)

I am soon about to start my new story "My Damaged Savior" and I need a cover for it!! It will be another Daryl story and its PRE APOCALYPTIC! The cover has to have the story title, a picture of Daryl, and my wattpad username!! Submit your covers by sending me a link on here in a message or through my fan twitter Chupacabra_94! Winner gets a dedication (AND SOMETHING SECRET THAT I WONT REVEAL) Contest ends Monday the 22nd!!

Secondly!!! I need you guys to vote for which names you like better!!

Girl names:

Violet, Vi

Olivia, Livi

Twin names:

Madison and Mason

Lucas and Annabelle

Addison and Aiden

Pick ONE and ONLY ONE from each category! And if you have already submitted your votes you are not allowed to vote again!! Voting ends this Saturday the 20th!!!!

Follow my fan twitter if you haven't already!!! Chupacabra_94!!

Reedus kisses for everyone!! Xxxxxxxxxx

WARNING: You may die from cuteness overload in this chapter :P

Now onto the chapter!!

--

It had been a couple days and I was now back up and running....er limping. Hershel told me to stay off my ankle, but I told him if I had stayed in that room much longer that I was going to end up killing somebody and it wasn't going to be pretty.

I limped out the back door of the cabin. A few members of the group turned around and smiled. Glenn whistled and clapped before getting cuffed on the back of the head by Rick for making too much noise. Daryl was instantly by my side helping me down the small set of steps.

Sophia broke away from Carl and came running towards me. "Mommy!" everyone instantly watched her and she froze mid run about four feet away from me. They all looked at me as I felt my eyebrows come together slightly. I looked over at Daryl who had a smirk on his face.

He looked down at me and shrugged slightly. Daryl helped me crouch down to her level seeing as I could barely support any weight on my ankle. Hershel said it was just a terrible sprain. At least it wasn't broken. We didn't have to proper tools to fix it if it was.

Sophia looked hesitant to walk into my stretched out arms. She slowly stepped into them and wrapped her arms around my neck. Daryl helped me pick her up in my arms seeing as I was still pretty stiff and sore. I squeezed Sophia tight in my arms while Daryl placed a hand in her hair.

I slowly put her back down and she quickly ran off. I followed her with my eyes as she went into the house. I knew she was upset about what she had just said. I looked up at Daryl with a sadness in my eyes not knowing what to do. "I'll go talk to her," he said gruffly.

~~

*Daryl's POV*

"Sophia!" I called while walking into the cabin. I walked down the hallway to find her sitting in the room that Emery was previously staying in while she was on bed rest. I leaned against the doorway as I watched her pull at strings on the quilt she was sitting on.

"I called her mommy," Sophia sniffled quietly. I slowly walked into the room and sat on the edge of the bed. I didn't know what to do. I wasn't good with kids but they always seemed to bring out a softer side in me. I ran a hand through my hair and tugged on it lightly.