Chapter 36

Hi there!! Sorry this update took so long! As some of you may know my 92 year old great grandmother was staying with me and let me tell you that was a blast! (note my sarcasm here) Well she was here for almost 2 months. That being said I was the one taking care of her seeing as my mom worked. I didn't get to leave the house for 2 months! I was going nuts! She was so bipolar. One minute she would be nice and the next minute she was threatening to kill me! On Friday she finally left and I have been partying ever since! Friday night I rode up and down my road in my car with the windows down screaming 'FREEDOM!' Since then I have been hanging out with friends who didn't want to come around with granny being here! I've had a lot of catching up to do!! Anyway now I'm back and I'll be updating as much as my mind will let me again!! WHOOP!!!!!!

It was so freaking awesome to come back and see over 20,000 reads for the whole story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And 9 comments on the last chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is freaking amazing!!!!!! I hope you keep all those comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to get comments like that on every chapter!!!!! Hope you enjoy the update!!!!

REEDUS KISSES FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--

Daryl and I had an interesting night. We were both now lying in bed with the blankets pulled around us. Daryl's arms were wrapped around me and my head was lying on his chest. I was running my fingers up and down his chest.

I watched as Daryl shivered a little under my touch. "This is why I'm okay with you not being able to have kids," that southern drawl broke the silence. I smacked his chest lightly and sat up. "Dick," I said. I looked around the room taking in the surroundings around us.

The moonlight was shining through the window. Suddenly gunfire broke out and we heard screaming. "What the hell?!" I asked jumping out of bed. Not this again. Daryl and I quickly threw our clothes on and ran down the stairs. We grabbed our crossbows and darted out the door.

Walkers were everywhere. "Son of a bitch," Daryl growled. He looked down at me. "Sophia," I whispered. Daryl squeezed my shoulder lightly and we both took off down the porch steps. We took down walkers left and right. Who knew how many there actually were.

I heard the sickening sound of a bolt sinking into a skull. I turned around to see a walker on the ground. I yanked it out and looked over at Daryl and nodded slightly before making my way through more walkers. Daryl was by me in seconds.

"Where the fuck did they all come from?" Daryl asked me while we fought our way towards the front. I grunted while stabbing a walker in the head. I looked behind me to make sure that there weren't any walkers behind me and luckily there wasn't.

"Daryl what about Sophia?" I asked him trying to keep the concern out of my voice. I didn't want to sound weak. He stopped for a second to look at me. "She's gonna be fine," he whispered while shanking another walker in the head. I sighed a little as I looked around.

"Daryl the gates are open!" I pointed at them. Daryl nodded slightly and we both took off running with our crossbows slamming across our backs. We both tugged on the gates but they wouldn't budge. I looked down. "The bars are bent on the track so they can't move."

Daryl growled and kicked the gate. "What do we do?!" I asked him. He grabbed my hand and pulled me back towards the houses. Everything had stopped. It was quiet except for our boots crunching through the gravel. Daryl squeezed my hand lightly.

We approached the rest of the guys that were outside. "What the fuck happened?" Daryl asked Rick. He shrugged a little. "I looked outside and noticed them. I don't know what happened to the gates though," Rick said while running his hand through his hair.