Chapter 19

Hiya guys!!! So I'm so excited yet so sad to be back! This past weekend was so much fun even though I'm sick now!! Norman was the sweetest guy ever along with the other cast members that were there!! I'm on cloud nine and I'm not coming down anytime soon! Anyway I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone! When I left on Friday I had a little over 3,000 reads and now I looked today and I have over 5,000! You guys are amazing!!!!! The video on the side is the highlight video from my weekend! It has a bunch of photos in it! Check it out!

--

We ended up moving the bodies away from the camp a little ways and all sat around the fire. None of us were sleeping tonight. I sighed and sat down on the ground. The dirt was way more comfortable than the logs. I felt someone sit down behind me.

I felt a familiar hand on my back and leaned into it a little. Daryl pulled me back in between his legs and I rested my head on one of his knees. One of his hands started running through my hair. I was surprised by his sudden show of affection but completely ignored it. I didn't want him to be uncomfortable.

Everyone was silent just holding their loved ones and they all looked scared. Glenn and T-Dog were on top of the RV keeping watch. "We can't stay here," I heard Carol whisper. Rick just nodded not even looking up to acknowledge her. I sighed and leaned into Daryl more.

"Do something," Carol whispered more harshly. I rolled my eyes. This woman honestly doesn't have any clue of what she's getting herself into. She is seriously about to piss Rick off. I watched his face harden and a fist clenched before he spoke.

"I am doing something! I've kept this group safe!" he yelled quietly. I stole a quick glance at Shane. He was wrong. He hasn't kept us safe at all. He's actually made things quite worse. Merle, going back for Merle, getting Glenn and I kidnapped, people died because he wanted to sacrifice five of us to save Merle. I wanted to find Merle, don't get me wrong but Rick hasn't done shit for any of us and he never will. All he cares about is his family.

Daryl rubbed my back as if reading what I was thinking about. Shane looked irritated as he glared at absolutely nothing. Daryl bent down and rested his chin on my shoulder. "Want to go to bed?" he asked me. I nodded and I felt him stand up behind me.

He offered a hand before pulling me up. We said our goodnights and went into the tent. I sighed as I laid down heavily on my sleeping bag. Daryl soon joined me and wrapped an arm around me. "What do you think is gonna happen next?" I asked Daryl.

I felt him shrug against me. "I guess we keep moving," he said. I sighed and laid my head on his chest. "It's gonna be an early morning," I said while snuggling into his more. He chuckled a little. "Get some sleep. I'll be here when you wake up," I smiled a little before falling into a deep sleep.

~~

I woke up the next morning and Daryl was by my side. I smiled and leaned up to kiss him. Not even a minute later he started kissing back. I pulled back and was met by his blue eyes. "Morning," he mumbled tiredly. I giggled and moved his hair out of his face.

"We should get going," I said. Daryl nodded and pulled me up with him. He stretched a little. I got up and threw some new somewhat clean clothes on. I ran my hand through my hair and shoved my beanie cap on my head. As I was walking out of the tent I felt my cap being pulled off of my head.

"Hey!" I turned around to see Daryl twirling my cap around on his index finger. "You still have this thing?" Daryl asked me while spinning it around again. I tried to reach for it but Daryl held it up in the air. "Give it back!" I said while trying to jump to get it.

Daryl chuckled while holding it higher. I jumped again causing Daryl to chuckle more. "Dare, please," I said while batting my eyelashes at him and pouting my bottom lip. Daryl froze while still holding up my cap. "Oh no, not that face. You know I can't stand it."