Chapter 33

So a few things before the chapter!! 1. OVER 16,000 READS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y'ALL ARE FUCKING AWESOME!!!!! Okay, I'll stop screaming now. 2. If you haven't yet check out my other story Living On The Edge (Norman Reedus love story) I've already got 10 chapters out! Go read it!! 3. Want another good Daryl story to read? Check out @SynysterHarlot's story "Bite Me." She captures Daryl really well and there's an amazing plot twist to it!!! Alright last thing 4. This chapter is dedicated to @ McKenzieReed6! She just joined wattpad and read all of my chapters in less than a day!! So this one's for you girl!!

Reedus kisses for you xx and you xx and you xx and you xx and EVERYBODY xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

It had been a week since Sophia started living with us. The first few days were the worst. Sophia was in our bed every night and when we went outside she was glued to mine or Daryl's side, or both. She played with Carl here and there but she mostly stayed inside.

Something was different between Daryl and I again. I didn't know what it was. Maybe it was Sophia, maybe it was me, I don't know. Maybe I'm being paranoid. Maybe he was trying to show the tough guy role in front of Sophia. He didn't want anyone to know that secretly he was a softy.

Little kids don't have a filter. They let anything come out of their mouths and I'm sure Sophia would tell Carl, who would tell his parents, and we all know they can't keep their mouths shut. I was lying in the bed. It was early morning and I had just woken up.

I hadn't opened my eyes yet. I was trying to see if my body would just shut down and let me go back to sleep but it didn't seem like it was going to happen. I groaned and I was greeted by a sleeping blonde head, Sophia. How did she get in here last night?

I thought we were over her sleeping in our bed. I guess not. I slowly slid out of the bed trying not to wake her. Daryl was already gone. He seemed to be gone a lot lately. I changed and pulled my hair up in a ponytail. I glanced back at Sophia one more time before walking out of the bedroom.

Daryl's boots were gone from outside the door so I knew he had gone outside. Where though, I had no idea. I slid my boots on and slid my crossbow on my back. Sophia knew better than to leave the house unless she told an adult who would tell one of us.

We felt somewhat 'safe.' I groaned inwardly thinking about Daryl. He hated that word. We all just kind of ran around here in the gated edition like it was nothing. We never kept anyone on guard unless someone had left to go on a run. Everything seemed to be going good.

The only think I heard as I walked towards the gate was the sound of my boots scuffing through the dirt. Not even the birds chirped anymore. It was quite sad. I used to love sitting on my front porch and listening to them. I sighed seeing no one else was up and moving.

"What do you think you're doing?" I stopped mid step hearing that familiar southern accent. I turned my head to the right seeing Daryl crouched beside his truck taking off the tire that was shot. I turned fully to him while holding onto the strap of my crossbow.

I sighed and looked up at the sky before looking back at Daryl, who had cocked an eyebrow at me. "Uh, enjoying the weather?" I questioned more than stated. Truthfully it was getting cold. I think it was late October. I stopped keeping track a while ago but it felt like snow would cover the ground at any minute and I didn't like it.

Daryl grunted and went back to working on his truck. "Need some help?" I asked him. He looked up at me stopping his work for a second before grunting and resuming again. I sighed and turned on my heel to head back towards the tree by the gate where I was headed in the first place.