Chapter 37

Sorry y'all senior year is kicking my ass! I'm updating as much as possible when I get my free time! I didn't forget y'all and I hope you understand.

So I came back to update and I found out a couple things

1. over 22,000 reads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!! Y'all are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. when you search "Daryl Dixon" I'm #2 on the list!! Thank you to everyone who has commented, voted, and added this story to their reading list!! Just a few more votes and comments and I could be #1 and to those who read my Norman Reedus story thank you for making it #1 when you search Norman Reedus!! Both stories were shots in the dark and I never knew they would be so popular!!!

It would be the most amazing gift ever if you guys could comment and vote enough to make my story number one when you search it!!!!!

10 comments on the last chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep those coming they're much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

Reedus kisses for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--

I was running at what seemed to be a painfully slow pace. Sophia was in tow behind me and I could feel my crossbow slapping against my back. Where Daryl was I had no idea. We had been overrun and Daryl had shoved Sophia in my arms telling to run that he would be right behind.

He had yet to show up. I knew where our group was....dead. They were all dead. Daryl, Sophia, and I were the only ones left and now it looked like it was just me and Sophia. I stopped quickly behind a building. I unsheathed my knife and handed it to Sophia.

I had an extra in my boot. "I can't use this," Sophia cried. She didn't deserve to go through this. There were some days that I had just debated shooting her in the head and letting her be peaceful and be with her mom again. I noticed a door next to us.

I pulled on it lightly and it opened. "Sophia, stay behind me," I said. She nodded and clutched the back of my shirt. I clicked the flashlight on that was attached to my crossbow. It lit up a small area. Good thing it was still light outside. The sun was shining through the windows.

I slowly walked through the small building and looked around. I saw another set of doors and pulled on them. Luckily they were locked. I truthfully didn't know if we were lucky or not. There was only one way in and one way out. If walkers came in that door we would be screwed.

Sophia and I cleared the area and then sat around the corner from the door. I pulled out an unmarked can and opened it before handing it to Sophia. She slowly ate the contents inside. I heard the door squeak and I quickly stood up drawing my crossbow.

Sophia was clutching my shirt again and I knew I had to be strong for her and take down whatever was coming at us. I never heard the door shut and that was what shocked me the most. I still kept my crossbow up just in case. I quickly darted around the corner and pointed my crossbow.

My flashlight landed on Daryl's dirt covered face. I felt a sigh of relief escape my lips as I dropped my crossbow and wrapped my arms around him. He wrapped his around me in return and that's when I felt the warm sensation. I pulled back immediately.

There it was.....a perfect bite mark. I felt my eyes well up with tears as I grabbed his arm and applied pressure to it. Daryl pulled back a little. Obviously it hurt him. I felt myself sink to the ground as I brought my knees to my chest. "No," I whispered.

Daryl was instantly on his knees in front of me. "It's okay. You're strong. You're going to be okay. You need to keep Sophia safe," he whispered. He reached out and I instantly shrunk away from him. "Em, remember our promise," Daryl said. I felt a tear slide down my cheek.