Chapter 12

I woke up the next morning to no Daryl beside me. I sighed and looked around the room. My shirt was thrown over the lamp and my pants were thrown across the couch. I sighed again and ran a hand over my face. I heard the shower running and decided to be nosey.

I wrapped the sheet around me and walked into the bathroom. "Dare?" I questioned. I heard him grunt and rolled my eyes. I closed the bathroom door behind me as I stepped in. I let the sheet drop and opened the door to the shower. I stepped in beside him as he eyed me.

"What are you doing?" he asked while looking down at me. I stepped closer and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Going easy on the hot water," I said while kissing his lips lightly. He cupped my face in his hands and deepened the kiss. I tugged lightly on his bottom lip as I pulled back.

He looked down at me with disappointment in his eyes. I chuckled and grabbed the shampoo. I ran it through his hair and massaged his scalp lightly. He leaned into my hands and smiled. After I was done he turned around with his back to me and put his head under the water.

I watched his movements as he stood under the water. The muscles on his back moved and flexed every time he moved his arms. I sighed and looked at his tattoos. Two devils he got on his right shoulder blade when we were freshly out of high school. His muscles and tattoos weren't what drew me to his back though. Looking at his back brought back memories.

Daryl and I were down at the lake near his house doing unmentionable things. If my parents had caught us I'd be a dead girl and I would never be able to see him again. I tried to catch my breath as Daryl lay heavily beside me. He intertwined our fingers together.

It was quiet between us. This is how it usually went. We'd do what we wanted to each other then we would fall silent. Daryl sat up and grabbed his boxers and slid them on. I followed suit and put my bra and underwear on. Daryl offered a hand to me but I didn't take it.

He arched an eyebrow. "I didn't hurt you, did I?" he asked with a little concern his voice. I shook my head. "No, I just don't want to get up just yet," I said while throwing an arm over my head trying to block the sun. I heard Daryl move towards me.

Suddenly I was cradled against his body and he was carrying me. I heard the slosh of the water as he walked into it. "Daryl," I said while latching my arms around his neck, "I don't want to get wet." Daryl chuckled and looked down at me. "You're already wet," I groaned and smacked his chest at the dirty joke causing him to smirk.

"Daryl, put me down," he continued to walk further out and I could feel my feet touching the water and I gasped at the coldness of it. "Daryl you better let me go dammit," I said. Daryl smirked. "Okay," and like that I was in the freezing cold water. I came back up sputtering water.

"Dick," I said while splashing him. He smirked and opened his mouth but I splashed him again before he could make another dirty joke. He made his way towards me and I tried to move back but it was hard being in the water. I squealed as Daryl's arms wrapped around my waist.

"I'm soaked right now because of you," I said into his chest. He chuckled and kissed my neck. "Oh baby. I know you are," he mumbled against my skin. I groaned at myself for walking into that trap. He bit down lightly on my skin causing me to gasp and push him back playfully.

I splashed him again and I left him there spitting out water as I made my way back to the shore. He followed shortly after and pushed me on the ground. I glared up at him as he crawled on top of me. He kissed me lightly before pulling back and pushing his nose into my neck and breathing in my scent.

I giggled as his breath tickled against my neck. "We should probably go," he mumbled against my neck before kissing it again. He pulled back and looked at me. "Before Merle suspects something," I rolled my eyes at the thought of Merle worrying about us.