Chapter 48

Okay little contest time!!! I need two things!!

1 - I need a girl name that could have a good nickname. Example: Madison, Maddie.

2 - I need twin names!! It will be a boy and a girl!! The names don't HAVE to rhyme but if they do that's okay.

Comment below both of them!! The winner gets a dedication on a chapter!!!

Has anybody seen the movie Tough Luck with Norman in it? If not go on hulu and check it out!! It's such an amazing movie!! But I'm thinking about starting a Tough Luck fanfic just using the characters though and not the story line!!

If you haven't followed me on my fan twitter yet go follow me!! I give away sneak peeks! And I do contests!! @Chupacabra_94!!

This chapter is dedicated to @Cissy757 cause her tweet to me on my fan twitter made me crack up!

Over 50,000 reads, over 1,400 votes, and over 500 comments!!! Y'all are so freaking awesome!!! I'm almost to #1 again!!!

--

It's funny how much you dream when you're basically unconscious. I was still partly with it. I could hear people walking in and out and I could hear people talking to me. Some voices I didn't recognize, some I did, and some I had never heard before.

Someone quiet would come in every once in a while and they would poke and probe at me. I wanted to scream but my body wouldn't fully wake up to let me. I was wondering where Daryl was. I hadn't heard his voice in a while and I was starting to get concerned.

I felt myself twitching when I started feeling the poking again. My fingers twitched and I heard whoever was in the room with me let out a breath. I moved my hand trying to get the feeling back into it. Slowly my eyes opened and adjusted to the room around me.

"Emery," I heard. I looked over and my eyes connected with an older man with white hair. I screamed and kicked trying to get away from him only to find out that my right wrist was handcuffed to the bed. I screamed louder trying to pull my arm free.

"Rick! RICK!!!" the older man screamed. Soon I heard the door slam open and Rick was holding me down. "Emery...Emery, look at me. It's okay. This is Hershel he's going to help you," Rick said in a soothing voice. I felt myself starting to relax.

"You're okay, Emery. Just relax," I took a slow deep breath in and relaxed. "What's this all about?" I finally asked pulling on the handcuffs that I was still attached too. Rick leaned over and unlocked my wrist. "We didn't know if you would turn," he whispered.

I felt my eyebrows coming together in confusion. "Turn? I wasn't bit," I said. I watched Rick swallow hard before looking up at the man he called Hershel. They shared a brief nod before Rick looked back at me. "We're all infected," he said slowly.

I felt my eyes become wide before I scoff. "Isn't that just fucking perfect," I said while sitting up. I instantly groaned and felt my head hit the pillow again. "You can't move too quickly, ma'am," Hershel told me. I looked over at him then back at Rick.

"Can I talk to you for a minute...alone?" I said while eyeing Hershel. He wiped his hands before exiting the room and shutting the door behind him. I looked around the room. I knew this was one of the extra bedrooms in the Dixon's hunting cabin which made me feel better.

"Who is he?" I asked looking at Rick who was now sitting at the end of the bed. He ran a hand through his hair. "His name is Hershel. He has two daughters with him, Beth and Maggie. They lost their farm and we found them we went out to scavenge a few weeks ago."