Chapter 11

This took me forever to write. Not because I didn't know what to write, I just wrote a lot!! Hope you guys enjoy it!! xxx

--

The drive to the CDC was silent. No one talked over the walkie talkies and Daryl and I were silent. I sighed and let my hand move through the wind. I looked over at Daryl who was biting on his thumb nail out of habit. I grabbed a cigarette out of the pack that was lying between us.

I took a long drag then offered it to Daryl, who gratefully took it. I decided to grab another figuring he wouldn't give it back. I heard a loud screech and suddenly we were stopping. I looked over at Daryl and cocked an eyebrow. He just shrugged and got out of his truck.

He quickly grabbed his crossbow and I trailed behind him quietly. We walked up to the RV where Dale and Glenn were standing in front of the RV where a bunch of smoke was coming out. Everyone was coughing and fanning smoke away from their faces.

"Can you jury-rig it?" Rick asked while placing his hands on his hips. Dale shook his head. "That's all it is. It's more duct tape than hose," Dale said. I stepped up to the RV and everyone looked at me quizzically. I grabbed a rag and held out my hand for the flat head screwdriver.

"It looks like there's something up ahead, a gas station if we're lucky. I'll go check it out," I turned around to see Shane looking through a pair of binoculars down the road. "I'll back you up," T-Dog said. The men started off. "Hey," I said stopping them. They turned around and looked at me.

"Do you even know what you're looking for?" I asked them while wiping the sweat from my brow. Both looked at each other a hint of confusion in their eyes then looked back at me. "That's what I thought," I said. I turned back around to the RV and flicked open my pocket knife getting a smirk from Daryl. I rolled my eyes and cut off a piece of the hose.

I turned around and handed it Shane. "It has to look like this. If you find a roll of duct tape them it can be a little bigger," I said. Shane nodded. "Grab any supplies we can use!" Rick called after them. I handed the rag back to Dale and made my way over to Daryl's truck.

I rummaged through the back until I found a bottle of water and I gulped it greedily. I felt a hand on mine and looked over to see Daryl. He took the bottle from my hands and took a drink. "Where'd you learn that from?" Daryl asked me. I chuckled and patted him on the shoulder.

"You," I said. Daryl cocked an eyebrow and had an amused look on his face. "I watched you work on this hunk of junk so many times I guess I just picked up on a few things," I said while patting the his truck. Daryl scowled. "Hey! Don't talk about her like that!" Daryl said while placing a hand on the truck softly.

"Dixon, really? It's a truck!" Daryl rolled his eyes at me and chuckled. "We've been through a lot together! Ya know this!" I felt my cheeks go hot as I thought about things that had happened in the back of the truck. Daryl must have caught on cause he smirked at me.

~~

We were now in a room in the CDC submitting to blood tests per Jenner's request. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly and leaned my head against the wall I was sitting against. I hated needles and I hated the sight of blood. Daryl looked down at me. "Ya okay?" he asked. I shook my head and put on a weak smile. "Just peachy," I mumbled.

Daryl rolled his eyes at me. "I know ya hate needles 'nd blood, Em," I sighed and nodded. He knew me too well. I was actually surprised at how much he had remembered about me. "You're next," I opened my eyes and looked to see Jenner pointing at me.

I sighed and stood up walking over to him. I sat down in the seat heavily and offered my arm reluctantly. I was looking right at my arm. I had no clue what was drawing me to watch, but I knew if I did I would easily pass out. "Wait," I heard that southern drawl.