Chapter 43

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Over 36,000 reads, over 1,000 votes and over 300 comments!!!!!

52 comments on the last chapter!!!!!!! Say what?!?!?!?!?!? You guys are so freaking cool and I know you are capable of bringing amounts of comments like that more often!!! Keep those coming!!!!

This chapter is dedicated to @SirensCall She submitted a cover for my book and I'm really loving it!! I have changed it to her design so you guys can see it!! What do you guys think? Remember you have until July 1st to submit yours and if you win then you'll get a sneak peek of my next chapter!!!

Reedus kisses for everyone!! Xxxxxx

--

A lot can happen in a month. It doesn't seem like it could but in a world like this when you're living day by day things happen drastically. We've lost Andrea, TDog, and Shane. Well Rick killed Shane. Lori's pregnant and Carl's turned into this 13 year old slaying badass.

I was still driving Daryl's truck. I refused to leave it behind when we kept whittling down to less and less cars. We only had Daryl's truck, Carol's Cherokee, and the RV left. Sophia and I occupied Daryl's truck while the Grimes family took the Cherokee and Dale and Glenn were in the RV.

Our group was getting smaller and smaller. We went from 21 to six. Who knew where Daryl and Merle were at this point. I was just hoping that they weren't walker chow somewhere. I felt my thumb run over my left ring finger and I sighed. My finger felt naked.

I looked over at Sophia who was curled up in the seat asleep. The air was way too cold to be out in it. We had basically spent nights in the cars and the RV trying to stay warm but the winter was not being easy on us at all. We hadn't found a good house in the while.

Rick pulled over and I followed suit with the RV behind me. I quickly jumped out stealing one last glance at Sophia. Rick stepped out with a map and we both headed towards the RV. With Lori pregnant, two kids, and an older man it left Rick, Glenn and I making decisions though Carl was really starting to step up.

Once in the RV Rick rolled the map out on the table. "We're here," Rick said while pointing at the map. I sighed and noticed all the red circles and x's that littered the map. "We're right in the middle of the red zone," Glenn said while running a hand through his lengthening hair.

We had become closer within the last month. Without him around I needed someone else to confide in besides Dale and I didn't feel like going to Rick. Lori didn't seem to like me lately. Glenn was my go to guy and he always had an ear to listen.

I sighed and took a slight step back from the map. Both men turned around to face me. Glenn leaned against the counter and Rick placed his hands on his hips. I looked down at the map again while my eyes traced familiar lines. I looked back up at them.

"I have a place we can go," I said. Rick cocked an eyebrow at me and Glenn crossed his arms. "Where's that?" Rick asked. I ran a hand through my tangled hair. "It's in the woods. I haven't been there in a while, but it's really far back and if you blink you miss the road. It has its own generator which means electric and running water," I said.

Rick's eyes lit up slightly along with Glenn's. "Well what is it?" Rick asked. "It's a hunting cabin and it has at least four bedrooms that I know of," I said. Rick nodded. "Dixon," Glenn said. I nodded slightly. "We had multiple arguments as to why he never mentioned it to you guys. I was pretty upset because I knew how good it was," I said.