Chapter 58

Whoo!" I say in a baby voice as I toss Brianna in the air.

"Whoo!"

"Whoo!"

She giggles loudly as she squirms in the air.

Whenever I stop for the fun of it and just hold her up, her legs kick underneath her as if she's trying to toss herself. She begins to whine when she realizes she can't.

I laugh and pull her to my chest, "You little monster, only I can do it!"

When I sit back up and go to toss her again, when she's in the air, I realize she had my shirt fisted in her hand. She nearly choked me but despite that, I laughed.

"Sneaky little thing," I tickle her feet and she squeals, kicking her feet at me. Looks like we got a football player.

"Hey now! No kicking at daddy, no kicking at daddy!" I exclaim.

She kicks me again as if to test me with this silly grin on her face, and I raise an eyebrow.

"Okay so we're playing that game?"

Without warning I unzip her little footie and blow a raspberry onto her stomach.

I feel her body jerk around underneath me as she goes absolute crazy and her screeches fill the room.

Sometimes she doesn't even laugh, she just screams. But it's considered a laugh for her.

Josie then bursts through the room. Relief washes over her face when she sees Bri's grin, "Jesus Louis! What are you doing to her?"

I laugh, zipping back up her footie and pulling her into my arms, "What? Can I not play with my daughter?"

She comes over and sits next to me on the bed, "You know.. you use daughter in your sentences way more than the average person does."

"I think we've successfully proved that this family is clearly not average." I tell her, bringing her into an embrace. She inhales my cologne and sighs into my neck.

"Have you.. have you decided about tour yet?" I ask.

Tour was in a week and she still hadn't decided whether she and Brianna were coming or not. Her reasons to not come were all reasonable. But I was being selfish and I don't even care, I need both of them on tour with me.

"Mhm.." She slowly nods.

"And.." I urge. All my pride had been put aside as I had spent the whole week legitimately begging for her to come.

If she didn't come, I'd miss everything. Her first words, learning to crawl, transitioning to solids, first steps.. EVERYTHING. All the things a father should never miss.

"We're coming!" She smiles.

The corners of my mouth rise as I bring her into a tight hug, "Oh thank god. I'm so glad to head that."

"But there are rules Louis!" She says.

I groan loudly and collapse onto the bed, "Of course there are."

"You have to help me watch her!" She starts.

"I know."

"No, I mean seriously help. She's going to learn to crawl and walk and she'll probably be going all over the place."

"Mhm.."

"And then we.."

My mind soon drifts off.

Well until I eventually notice hear her screaming my name.

"..OUIS! LOUIS!"

"What? What?" I snap out of it.