New Year's Eve

"Karlie?" Karlie heard a familiar voice whisper right next to her. "Karlie? Hey, wake up."

Karlie groaned as she slowly opened her eyes and winced at the bright light.

Still squinting her eyes against the sunlight streaming through the window, Karlie turned her head slightly to look at Taylor who's leaning close to her.

"Wake up sunshine," Taylor chuckled softly. They were naked underneath the sheets, their limbs were intertwined and Taylor's arm was draped across her stomach. With a smile on her face, Karlie brought her hand up to cup Taylor's face and caress her cheeks gently with the pad of her thumb.

Taylor smiled and leaned closer to her, making their lips a couple of inches away from each other.

"Since when did you become a heavy sleeper?" Taylor asked softly, with her blue-eyes' gaze focused on Karlie's lips. Karlie shrugged with a playful grin, before sealing their lips in a chaste, tender kiss.

The blue-eyed girl slightly pulled away from the kiss, lips still brushing against Karlie's as she spoke, "Didn't you have enough of me last night?"

Karlie narrowed her eyes and shook her head. "It's quite impossible to get enough of you, Mrs.Swift-Kloss." Karlie said, matter of factly with a certain playfulness in her voice.

"You're really serious about that Swift-Kloss surname, aren't you?" Taylor chuckled, rolling her eyes jokingly as she shook her head.

"Of course I am! You should be used to it. Sometime soon you're going to be called Mrs. Taylor Alison Swift-Kloss. You'll just be surprised that one day you'll wake up and we'll have mini me and you's running around our own house."

"Kar..." Taylor whispered quietly. Karlie could feel the weight of Taylor's stare as she looked at the ceiling, envisioning her dreams. Her dreams of having a family with the woman she loves most.

Silence soon filled the room after the soft whisper. She knew that something was wrong and as she averted her gaze to Taylor, she could see worry and fear painted on Taylor's face from the corner of her eye.

"What's wrong?" She curiously asked as she propped herself up on an elbow, turning sideways - giving Taylor her full attention.

"I-I'm not ready for this." Taylor said weakly, voice slightly quivering.

The sunlight dimmed as thick-bodied clouds filled every corner of the sky, turning everything in the atmosphere sullen gray and gloomy.

The wind whistled violently as the thunder roared furiously in the sky. She could see Taylor's blue-eyes looking at her with so much sadness. And before she could even ask her why, the blue-eyed girl whispered the words that broke her heart.

"I don't think I love you, Karlie."

Karlie blinked her eyes and to her surprise, she was now fully clothed, standing in front of a woman and Taylor. She was drenched in the rain, watching the two walk away with their hands entwined. They looked so happy, so happy that her heart stung with jealousy and hurt - so much hurt.

She tried to scream Taylor's name aloud, but no voice came out of her mouth. She wanted to chase after her but she couldn't lift her feet off from where she's standing, it was as if her feet was nailed on the ground.