T r u t h

=========================

Lips parted, eyes fixed at her blue orbs.

She could feel her heart pounding as she spoke,

"Who exactly is Karlie Kloss in your life, Taylor?"

She didn't know why her heart's beating like this, she felt as though that as those words passes her lips and by looking at the expression that's plastered on Taylor's face; she's about to hear all of the answer to the questions that kept on playing inside her mind for months.

Taylor gulped, feeling a huge knot on her throat as she's mentally debating whether to tell Karlie or not.

Looking at Karlie's questioning green eyes, too many 'What if's' rushed through her mind. She couldn't decide, her heart wanted to speak the truth but her mind wasn't ready yet.

What if I tell Karlie the truth and it would overwhelm her?

What if Karlie won't remember?

What if Karlie would ask Josh if everything that I tell her is true?

What if Josh tells her that everything that I am saying is a lie?

What if Karlie will push me away?

Wh--

"Taylor," Karlie called out, snapping a finger in front of her face. "Are you okay?"

Taylor shook her head sightly as she comes out of her thoughts.

"Sorry, I was just thinking." Taylor said, causing Karlie to raise her brow as she's a little doubtful of Taylor's reply.

"Thinking of what?"

"The road trip." She lied, faking a smile and hoping that it would change the topic.

"What about the roadtrip?" Karlie asked. "And did you even hear my question?"

"I'm your bestfriend, Karlie..."

Karlie could sense the uncertainty in Taylor's voice. It was pretty obvious by the way she's acting as well.

Karlie looked into her eyes and Taylor couldn't keep an eye contact, her blue eyes avoided her gaze Taylor looked down, staring at her lap while Karlie could feel her heart thumping wildly inside her chest.

There's much to it, I can feel it. She's acting weird after I brought that one up. Taylor did we fight before I leave? And why are you showing up in my dreams? Why do you know me so much? Why do I feel this way towards you? Why am I so drawn into you?

She wanted to ask all of those questions but as she was about to voice them out, Taylor spoke to break the silence.

"By the way, we went on a road trip once to celebrate our month--"

Shit...

"Month?" Karlie repeated, narrowing her eyes. "You're pretty nervous, Taylor."

"Month long success, yeah. We really had a good month so, we decided to have a week long road trip just like the one that we'll be having." She laughed nervously, flashing a fake grin.

"Taylor, why are you trying to avoid the simple question that I've asked." Karlie thought to herself, she wanted to ask Taylor that question but before she could even do so, Taylor stood up and grabbed her hand, dragging Karlie along towards her room.

"Woah! Woah! Tay!"

Taylor giggled as they reached her room's door. Karlie looked at her, puzzled with the way Taylor's acting. She wasn't acting like this a while ago but when she raised that simple question, Taylor became nervous and it was quite obvious to her that Taylor's trying to change the topic.