S u n s h i n e

A/N: Apologies if ever there might be grammatical errors :D

========

Leaning against the door frame in between the living room and the hall, Taylor smiled as she looked at Karlie and her sisters, who were sitting in a circle, on the carpet in their living room, with their legs crossed. With photo albums and Ipads in their hands, they started relieving all of the memories that every picture has, hoping that their sister would remember some of the memories that she had forgotten.

The girls' chuckles and loud chatters filled the living room, Taylor could see nothing but happiness in Karlie's eyes as she watches her from afar. She finally found herself, she finally found where she belongs after months of being lost.

"Taylor?" Tracy uttered softly as she walked over to Taylor's side and rest her hand on Taylor's shoulder.

Taylor turned around to face her, smiling. To her surprise, Tracy hugged her as she whispered, "Thank you for taking care of my daughter. Thank you for loving her unconditionally, for staying by her side when she needed it the most."

Taylor hugged back, feeling a little pang of guilt inside her heart. She felt partially responsible for what has happened, she kept on thinking that maybe that wouldn't have happened if she didn't meet up secretly with Dianna the week before Karlie left. She kept on thinking that maybe things will change if everything's okay between the two of them before Karlie left for London. She still couldn't believe how she doubted her love for Karlie, the moment Dianna came back and told her that she wants her back in her arms.

Slowly breaking the embrace, Taylor smiled at Tracy before taking a quick side-glance to look Karlie as she laughs with her sisters.

"I love her and I'll do anything for her." Taylor smiled, trying to mask the sadness and guilt that she feels as she saw so much hope and happiness in Tracy's eyes. Taylor remembered talking to Tracy the night after seeing the amnesia stricken Karlie, telling her that she'd finally found her daughter but she could no longer remember who she truly is. Taylor told her about the lies that Josh have fed her, including how they cut ties with Karlie after she'd failed to be what they want her to be. Hearing the cries of a heartbroken mother on the phone, she promised her that she'll do everything that she could to bring her Karlie back.

"Tay!" Karlie called out, snapping her out of her thoughts and causing her to shift her gaze from Tracy to Karlie, who's rushing towards them.

Holding Taylor's hand, Karlie gave her signature smile before looking at her mom.

"Mom, you two seem like you have a pretty serious conversation but can I borrow Taylor for a while?" Karlie asked, squeezing Taylor's hand as she entwined their fingers while flashing an excited smile to her mother.

"Sure hon," Her mother responded and right off the bat, Karlie tugged Taylor with her to the kitchen.

----

Once they were in the kitchen, Karlie walked over to the kitchen counter and pulled out two white aprons from it's drawer, earning her a confused look from Taylor.

"Kar? What are you doing?" Taylor asked, never taking her eyes off from the green-eyed blonde as she puts the apron on herself before walking towards her, carrying the other apron.

"Kimby told me that we made a special mudcake that they love so much last year and I was hoping uhm, maybe we could bake it again together?" Karlie smiled as she put the apron on Taylor. "We were talking about it a while ago when we were looking through some pictures in the photo albums and in Kristine's Ipad and I want to make those mudcakes again."

Taylor nodded in response as she smiles back at Karlie. Taylor started taking out all of the necessary ingredients from the fridge and from the cabinets while Karlie rummaged through the cupboards, taking out all of the baking materials that they needed.