F e a r

Karlie found herself in the middle of an overwhelming sea of emotions. She found herself stuck in between wanting to know everything from all of the good and bad memories to all of her deepest darkest secrets, and in the idea of 'just move on and create new memories.'

Though she has said that she always tell herself that it's better to move forward and to make new memories, there's a part of her that wants to know everything. There's a part of her that wants to remember what kind of person she was before all of this has happened. There's a part of her that isn't satisfied of all of the things that people are saying to her. There's a part of her that yearns to know herself even better.

Karlie woke up feeling Taylor's arms wrapped around her waist, bodies pressed together tightly as they were lying on the couch. She could feel Taylor's chest against hers, rising and falling rhythmically as she was breathing slow and deliberate.

Karlie moved a bit, which caused the older girl to hold her tightly. She could feel Taylor's warm breaths in her hair and her lips on her forehead. She buried her face onto Taylor's chest, and pulled her closer, snuggling a little more against her as she listens to her heartbeat. It was steady and serene, it was a music that she could listen to forever.

Just as she was about to drift off to sleep again, Taylor woke up. She looked at and smiled at Taylor as she greeted, "Good morning" in a hoarse voice.

"Morning," Taylor greeted groggily as she smiles back at Karlie and leaned in to kiss her forehead.

They sat up on the couch and as Taylor looked at her father, Karlie immediately felt the change in Taylor's aura. Karlie watched her stand up and sit next to her father's bed, she saw her begging blue eyes once again as Taylor's gaze was focused on her father's face.

The room's filled with silence again until the door opened, revealing Austin and Andrea. Andrea hugged and kissed Karlie's cheek before doing the same thing to her daughter. While Taylor and Andrea were talking, Austin sat on the couch next to Karlie and smiled at her.

"Have you two eaten breakfast?" Austin asked with a smile.

Karlie shook her head slightly. "Nope, we haven't yet," she responded. "We just woke up, I was about to ask Taylor what she wants to eat so that I can buy it for her, when you and mom arrived. Have you two eaten yet?"

"Mom huh?" Austin said in barely audible voice, amused smile widened as he looked at Karlie. "I think we need to have some catching up to do, why won't we grab something to eat for all of us downstairs?"

Karlie smiled and nodded in agreement. When they stood up, Andrea and Taylor looked at them and queried, "Where are you two going?"

"We'll just go down to buy something to eat, do you want us to buy something for you in particular mom?" Austin asked politely, smiling at his mother.

"Anything will do, how about you, Baby?" Andrea shifted her gaze to her daughter, who responded with a gloomy demeanor.

"Whatever Karlie gets."

Karlie smiled and walked up to Taylor, kissing her for head before going out of the room with Austin. Andrea's heart was warmed with the sight, she could see the love when they look into each other's eyes and even their simplest of gestures speaks thousand of words.

When the door closed, Andrea looked at Taylor and smiled, "You two are lucky to have each other." She laid her hand over Taylor's and gave it a light squeeze. Taylor smiled at her and looked at her dad, that's when a gasp escape her lips and her eyes widened in surprise...

- - - - - -

Karlie returned the cashier's smile as the cashier gave her orders. With the take out in hand, she went out of the hospital's cafeteria to meet Austin who's waiting outside with a paper bag containing a couple of drinks he bought from the convenience store in hand.