Gut Feeling

December 27

Spending most of the holidays with the Swifts was one of the highlights of Karlie's year, for she has been warmly accepted by Taylor's parents and everything has been wonderful throughout her whole stay.

She wished they could stay a little longer to celebrate New Year's eve with them but sadly, they have to go back to New York tomorrow since Cara's going home to London on the 29th.

Since it's their last day in Nashville, they cooked special dishes for dinner and just as usual Karlie and Taylor helped Andrea around the kitchen. The dinner was filled with lighthearted laughs and conversations, Karlie even opened up about the things that she has remembered while staying with them – which were mostly about her family and about her and Taylor. Taylor's mom even commented that their family's should hang out sometime soon, which the two were ecstatic over as they thought that their parents would click right away.

When dinner ended, they helped Scott to go back into the master's bedroom and continued their conversations there while watching some movies that Scott loves.

The lights were off and Karlie and Taylor were sitting crossed legged on the carpeted floor, with Austin.

A smile crept across Karlie's lips when she felt Taylor rest her head on her shoulder. She softly kissed her hair and grabbed Taylor's hand to entwined their fingers before resting them on her lap.

A few minutes in the second movie, she felt Taylor moved her head as she whispers, "I wish we could stay a little longer," Her voice was soft and her breath is warm against her skin. "I want to be here to see the day where he can finally walk normally again."

She could feel Taylor's lips brush gently against her jaw, her breath tickling, sending goosebumps rippling across her skin. When she turned her head to look at her, she nuzzled the top of her head and responded, "I wish we could stay a little longer too."

She drew circles on Taylor's hand with the pad of her thumb comfortingly, she doesn't know whether it's just her or Taylor could feel it as well, but she could sense that something's going to happen. Thinking about going back to New York felt odd in ways she couldn't explain, a gut feeling that something's going to happen that neither of them would want.

The movie marathon lasted for four hours, with Taylor and Karlie occasionally sneaking quick kisses and hand squeezing whenever the movie has a romantic scene. Austin even caught them and whispered, "Get a room." only for them to hear. When the lights were turned on the three got up from the floor and bid goodnight to Andrea and Scott before heading to their rooms.

- - - -

[Matured Content.]

Body submerged in a tub of lukewarm water, Karlie leaned her head back and sank in the tub until the water's below her chin. Somehow, the gentle warmth of the water on her skin made her feel a little relaxed. She couldn't shake the feeling of uneasiness completely, she doesn't even know why she's suddenly feeling like this. It was as if something's telling her not to go back to New York yet and just stay there or in St.Louis, but she knows she has to. They have to.

Trying to brush the weird feeling of from her system, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Thinking of how they'd celebrate the New Year's Eve in four more days, thinking of anything to distract herself from the unpleasant thoughts and gut feeling.

"Kar?" She heard Taylor called out, knocking softly at the door.

She then heard the door creak open then shut with a quick click. Bright green-eyes opening slowly, she turned her head to the side and saw Taylor wearing a baby-blue bathrobe.