H o p e

A/N: Apologies if there are grammatical errors.

I hope I won't disappoint you guys. :)

Happy reading! :)

=========================

Sunlight pierced through the glass window as birds chirped cheerfully outside the cafe.

Taylor sighed, putting her phone down on her desk after reading a message from one of her employees who couldn't go to work due to a high fever.

She took a deep breath before walking over to the drawer inside her office. As she opened it, her lips curved into a smile. She grabbed the apron that once belonged to Karlie, the brown apron with her initials 'K.K' in it. She held it tightly to her chest as every memory that they spent together in the cafe flooded her mind.

-----------------

Taylor could still remember the first time that Karlie taught her how to bake her 'Karlie Kookies', their cafe's specialty, the cookies that Karlie's really proud of.

She could still remember how Karlie looked at her with those beautiful green eyes that she adores as they were exchanging glances from time to time, while making the cookies.

"Karlie, we have a mixer," Taylor sighed as she slowly streamed in the wet mixture with the dry ones. "Why do I have to stir this in manually?"

Taylor whined childishly as she continues to stir the mixtures together. Karlie chuckled as she went behind her back and guided Taylor's hand to stir the batter properly. Taylor flushed as their skins came in contact. They've been together for almost a year now but Karlie's simple sweet tender touches never fails to make the butterflies in her stomach flutter.

"What if the mixer isn't working? Of course you need to know this! These are the basics Taylor." She replied defensively, but deep inside she just wanted to hold Taylor's hand. She wanted to feel closer to her.

.....

.....

.....

.....

.....

.....

Karlie loves Taylor's hands. They were beautiful and delicate, something that she wants to hold on to forever. She admires the beautiful things that her hands could do. Every morning, she'd carefully slip out of their bed and take the journal that Taylor's hiding underneath their bed. She admires the way she writes those poems in her journal, they were marked with sophistication and wisdom.

Taylor's hands created beautiful things that no words could ever describe how incredibly amazing they are.

Karlie was scrolling through the journal's pages but, little did she know that Taylor knew she's reading them. All of those poems and songs were for Karlie, from all of those romantic and happy moments that they've shared to the fights that they had. The fights that they've pulled through as they knew what they had and they fought for what they have.

Wiping her tears after reading her recent entries, Karlie puts the journal back to where Taylor hid it and sat on the edge of the bed. Taylor immediately groaned and pulled the sheets up to cover herself as Karlie started tickling her nose.

"Taylooorrrr! Good morning!" Karlie enthusiastically greeted, shaking Taylor lightly, earning a groan.

"Stop it. Just a few more minutes. I'm still sleepy Karlie!" Taylor acted out, giggling underneath the sheets.