T o g e t h e r

A/N: Super long update. :) I hope it won't disappoint ya guys :)

Happy reading =)

============

"Karlie, you're my girlfriend."

Taylor opened her eyes and immediately bowed her head down, pursing her lips. She couldn't look at Karlie, she's scared to look at her; scared of what her reaction might be.

The words that Taylor said kept on ringing inside Karlie's head, she just couldn't believe what she had just heard. Questions after questions kept on coming inside her head as she looked at Taylor who's eyes were fixed on her hands at her lap.

She couldn't understand all of the different emotions that were battling inside her chest. She found herself confused, paralyzed; unable to voice out a single question, dreading that she'd be bombarded with lies

"If Taylor's telling the truth then, that would make sense but, why didn't she tell me right away!?"

"You're kidding right?" The only word that passed through her delicate lips as she let out a nervous laugh.

Taylor lifted her gaze to look into Karlie's eyes as she shook her head.

"I'm not, Karlie." Her voice was dead serious and trembling. As their eyes meet, Karlie could see the sincerity in her eyes. But along with that was an immense feeling of betrayal.

She felt like a puppet, easily controlled and played. She started to feel vulnerable that she wanted to shut everything down at that very moment. She fly like she's easily tricked, but she blames herself for it. It was her fault after all, for giving her trust right away to someone who's there when she couldn't remember a damn thing.

Karlie could still remember the feeling of helplessness that she had during those times, the desperation and the frustration of wanting to know who she really is. She found herself situated in that place again, the person who kept on asking, "Who am I?" over and over again.

"Why didn't you tell me right away." Karlie's voice was dark and cold as she looked at Taylor seriously, a hint of anger could be traced.

Karlie's serious gaze was giving her goosebumps, she knew that Karlie's mad, she'd been expecting this. She lied to her and just listened to every single word that Karlie have told her without saying the truth. Taylor knew that most of everything that Josh had told her was bullshit, but she didn't say a word. She never wanted to overwhelm her nor to make her feel lost, knowing that Karlie's been living in these lies for months. That's the very reason why she'd answer all of her questions, tell her stories, hold her hand just like the way that Karlie used to just to make her remember the feeling or just a tiny bit of memory of what it's like to be with her.

"Because... I knew you were going to react this way, Karlie. I wanted to win you back, slowly. I know that it might sound dumb, but I did that because I was so afraid. I was so afraid that I'll overwhelm you and you'll push me away once I tell you the truth. I was supposed to tell you when we first met when you got back but... He called you."

Taylor's tears trickled down her face as she continues to speak.

"Josh, I don't know how he got there but... Karlie. He killed me in your memories by feeding you all of these lies. At that very moment, I felt that I've lost you but when you told me that you felt an odd connection with me, I took that opportunity to be closer to you. That's why I told you that I am just your bestfriend, that's why I answered all of your questions, that's why I showed you all the places that we used to hang out together, that's why I showed you all of these pictures and tell you all of the stories about the woman who I loved most, you. I wanted you to remember what we had, the feeling or even just a tiny bit of those memories that we've shared together."