Over a Cup of Coffee

When they arrived at the hospital they walked towards the Nurse's Desk, and asked for the room where Taylor's father was.

"He's in room 501, 12th floor," The nurse answered.

Taylor quickly walked towards the elevator, almost dragging Karlie with her.

She was nervous again and Karlie could see that with the expression plastered on her face.

Pressing the button to the 12th floor, Taylor looked up at the flashing numbers on the elevator. Dread and worry's, making her frantic, until she felt a warm hand grab her's.

She looked down and saw Karlie entwining her fingers through hers. Karlie squeezed Taylor's hand lightly as she tries to make her girlfriend calm.

Taylor took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. The warmth of Karlie's hand's was comforting, which made it easier for her to get herself together.

"He's okay," Karlie says reassuringly as she began to move her thumb around Taylor's skin, tracing light small circles in it. "He's okay."

Averting her gaze from their hands to Karlie's face, Karlie gave her a warm smile as she whispered all of the words that could comfort Taylor throughout the whole elevator ride.

She was beyond lucky to have Karlie in her life. She's lucky to find someone who knows the right words to say whenever she needs someone she could lean on. She's lucky that she has someone who's by her side for better or for worse.

----

They entered the hospital room, hands still entwined. They saw Austin and Taylor's mother, Andrea, sitting by the hospital bed where Taylor's father is sleeping. Andrea face lit up as she stood up to walk to her daughter and to give her a hug.

"Is dad okay?" Were the first words fell from Taylor's delicate lips as her mother rubs her back gently, when she felt Taylor's tears drip onto her shirt.

"He is baby, he is." Her mother responded softly as she pulled slightly from the embrace and wiped her daughter's tears with the pad of her thumb. Looking over her daughter's shoulder, she saw a familiar face giving her a small smile.

"Ah, Karlie!" Andrea returned the green-eyed girl's smile and hugged her. "Finally, I've been waiting for this moment for so long. Thank you for being here and for being patient with my daughter."

Taylor's mother reminded Karlie of her own. They have the same simple aura of a caring mother. It made her feel at ease with her right away.

"Mom. . ." Taylor sighed, furrowing her brows; causing Andrea and Karlie to stifle a small chuckle, though Andrea's seemed to be forced somehow.

They sat on the couch facing his hospital bed, with Andrea filling them in with what happened to Taylor's father.

As she was listening intently to every word that passes through Andrea's lips, Karlie looked at Taylor and she couldn't help but to feel her heart clench, seeing the look on Taylor's face. The dismay that's painted on her face was evident as her face ashen and her eyes were fixed into a blank space.

"The doctor told us that it was a Ischaemic stroke, caused by blood clot that blocked the flow of blood and oxygen to his brain. They said that it was triggered by his high blood pressure. . ." Andrea explained. The atmosphere in the room was heavy and sullen that goosebumps started creeping all over Karlie's skin. The silence was deafening after what Andrea has said. All that she could hear is the sound of the air conditioning unit piercing through her ears as everyone, even herself; remained mute as Taylor's mother continues to explain her father's situation.