R o a d t r i p (1)

Driving for almost an hour, with the truck's windows down. Karlie stuck her head outside of the window and let the frigid wind to caress her face as her eyes wander across the fields; trees bearing no leaves, grasses on the ground were thin. The once warm blue sky that greeted them back in St.Louis became stale-gray, reminding them that sooner or later, snow will soon cover the trees' leafless branches and the fields thinning leaves.

Taylor clutched onto the steering wheel tightly, another adventure, another adventure with her girl. That's all that she could think about. Though her eyes were focused on the road, she could hear the faint sound of the song 'Bulletproof Picasso' by the Train on the radio. She kept on thinking about the places that they will be going to at this three day road trip; Bloomington, Columbus and Nashville in Indiana for the first and second day and from Columbus they'll finally go to Taylor's home town in Tennessee, Nashville.Stopping by Evansville and Clarksville along the way.

"Do you think it'll snow today?" Karlie asked, pulling her head back inside the truck, gaze still fixed on the passing scenery.

"I think so," Taylor responded, voice laced with uncertainty as she shifted her gaze from the road to the sky for a quick second. "It's almost the end of the second week of December, so it might snow sooner or later."

"Would that ruin our trip?" Karlie shot a questioning look, a little bit of worried that they might not have the utmost pleasure of having this trip once the snow falls.

Taylor shook her head and smiled, never taking her eyes off the road.

"It won't, besides, one of the things on the bucket list is a snow ball fight! We haven't had the chance to do that last year because you decided to stay with your family to celebrate Christmas while I went to Nashville, to celebrate with mine. We originally planned to go there together, but you decided to stay because you got nervous meeting my dad." Taylor chuckled at the memory as Karlie looked at her quizzically.

"Really?" Her brows furrowed, a little doubtful knowing that she wasn't really a nervous type of person.

Taylor smiled as she started to speak, eyes focused on the road.

"Yes, you pretended to be sick but the night before that you were booming with confidence while we were talking about introducing you to my parents. You had that same level of confidence during the first night that I've met you. Then I mentioned about my dad hearing that we almost broke up and that you made me cry..."

Suddenly, Karlie instinctively closed her eyes when she felt a dull throb at the back of her head, causing her to cower a bit on her seat as she closes her eyes. She leaned her back against the leather seat and tries to compose herself as memories starts flashing inside of her head.

Flashback

"Who's Toni, Karlie?" Taylor flickered the lamp on as soon as Karlie stepped inside their apartment. She wanted to sound tough and cold but Karlie could see the dread in her eyes as it glimmers through the dimly lighted room.

"She's just my friend." Karlie responded as she slammed the door shut, she walked over to the couch where Taylor was sitting, and leaned in to kiss her cheek but Taylor turned her head to the side to avoid her kiss.

"Just a friend," Taylor scoffed in a low voice. "excuses."

"Tay, what are you talking about? She's just my friend." Karlie explained calmly as she sat next to Taylor and put her bag down on the coffee table, her gaze never leaving Taylor's face.

"Just my friend, that's what she also said," Taylor clenched her fist, nails digging into her palms."Cara told me that Toni's someone who's special to you, Cara told me that she used to love you and you told Cara that there was a point in your life where you felt something for her."