R o a d t r i p (2)

A/N: Longest Chapter by far, sorry in advance if there's grammatical errors. 

Warning : Mature content.

Happy reading lovelies :)

===================

The streets aglow with bright twinkling lights as the day has finally gave in to the night. Leafless trees lined along the sidewalks glimmers with dazzling colors, as the small lights wrapped around them lit up. Passing by the busy streets, melodious voice of children's singing Christmas carols can be heard and stores were beautifully decorated with wreaths, Christmas lights and red bows.

"Tay? Can we go back there?" Karlie asked, sticking her head out to look at the store that they've just passed by as she has caught something in her eyes. Her was weak and quiet as she was still a little dizzy from the sudden rush of memories.

"Kar," Taylor sighed. "You aren't feeling well, you need some rest."

She turned her head for a moment to look at Karlie sternly, tugging her shirt and telling her to pull her head back in.

"Please, Tay?" Karlie begged, pulling her head back inside the truck and turning her head to the side to look at Taylor who's biting her lower lip, debating whether to heed Karlie's request or not.

"Please?" Karlie batted her lashes as she leans closer to Taylor, causing Taylor to see what Karlie's doing in the corner of her eye.

Be thankful I couldn't resist you whenever you're begging like that.

"Fine," Taylor grunted as Karlie elicits a smile. "But we'll only stay there for 10 minutes, okay?"

"Thank you, Babe." Karlie says playfully, before slumping back down on her seat.

----------

Taylor parked the car on the curb, as she was about to unfasten her seat belt, Karlie stopped her from doing so by grabbing her wrist lightly.

"Stay here, I'll be back real quick." Karlie said as she's taking her seat belt off with her freehand, causing Taylor to raise a brow as she disagrees to what Karlie have just said.

"No, you aren't feeling well a while ago. What if something happens to you?" Taylor quips back firmly as she pulls her hand from Karlie's light grasp.

"I'll be back real quick, I promise."

"Karlie, lis--"

Taylor's eyes widened as she felt Karlie's lips against her skin, near her lips. It was a light peck but somehow, it meant everything to her, she wanted to kiss Karlie, to claim her lips once again but she couldn't, she's trying to stop herself, not wanting to overwhelm Karlie with her action.

"Stay here okay?" Karlie whispered, her breath brushing Taylor's lips softly. Which made Taylor's heart flutter wildly inside her chest.

Flabbergasted as she looked into Karlie's green eyes, all that she could muster is a nod, which carved a sweet smile on Karlie's lips as she whispers, "Thank you." before hopping out of the car and bolting towards the store.

Why did I even agree to her?

Taylor sighed and waited patiently inside the car, glancing at her wrist watch from time to time, telling herself that if Karlie gets pass by the 10 minute allotted time she'll go inside the shop. After a few minutes, Taylor was about to get out of the car when Karlie finally went out of the shop, carrying a small brown bag with her.

"See? I was fast, wasn't I?" Karlie says smugly as she was getting inside the car. Once she's seated on the passenger's seat, Taylor looked at her and asked, "What did you buy?"