Chapter 32: Alinna

I sat in my apartment, feeling really kinda alone. Charlie still hadn't come out of her room, and I'm so dang use to having her around that now it just seems quiet. Chigami had told me all kinds of things about what Charlie and Kobe were like as kids, and stupid things they did. But he told me he was only going to be here until tomorrow. Something about he can already tell she's safe but he just wanted to make sure or something like that.

A crash came from next door, surprising me. "No, I don't want to go back! Let me go!" Charlie?!

"Shut up!" A smacking sound followed by a small cry and I was up and running. Chigami was yanking on Charlie's hand, pulling her out of her apartment. She was crying and had a large red mark on her face.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I yelled.

"What does it look like?! I'm not letting her stay man! She's mine!" I ran and pushed him with all my might. Chigami looked up as Charlie ran into my arms. "You think I was being sincere earlier? You think I believed a punk like you over freaking Kobe White? He has never lied to me!"

"But this isn't about what Kobe said is it?" I said malicously. "It's because you see Charlie, beautiful as ever, but now with someone who treated her better than you did and makes her happier. That pissed you off, didn't it?!"

Chigami just glarred at me. "She was mine before you even met her! And I want her back! You're just some wimpped out kid who thinks that he's so hot, one day you're going to be Hokage, oh look, I have a hott model girlfriend. Well guess what! You are an idiot! Not even Charlie could turn you into Hokage material!"

That hit something vital. My heart hurtm hurt bad, but I couldn't let him see it. I delivered a swift kick to the side of his head. "I promised I wouldn't hit you. I said nothing about kicking." Charlie sank to the ground, frightened and shocked.

"What makes you think Charlie loves you huh? What about Usura? She told him she loved him. But it was just one big lie! And besides. She has me. Why would she need you whenever she has someone like me?" I jumpped on Chigami and just started punching. I didn't care anymore. I wanted him dead. Charlie yelled at me to stop, that he wasn't woth it. But I just kept going. Finally Charlie pulled on my hands to get me off of him.

Chigami was bloodied up pretty bad. His nose was deffinatly broken and he was unconsious. I noticed that Charlie was shaking.

"I-i don't know what came over me... Oh my God, what did I do?"

I drew Charlie into me tightly, needing her for support, and wanting to calm her shaking at the same time. A short girl with long red hair ran over. She took one look at Chigami and lightly kicked him with the tip of her foot.

"Damn. I always knew someone was going to beat him to a bloody pulp, but I always figured it would be Usura before a stranger." She said in middle tone voice. Her smile was pure as Charlie turnned to see her.

"Alinna. Oh thank God." She sighed. "If it was Nattski I was going to scream." Charlies voice was shaky.

"Nah. Nattski didn't care enough." She kicked Chigami again. "Shit kid, you did a number on him. Oh well. He'll do better when I take him back to Iwa."

"Wh are you?" i asked.

"I'm Alinna Gerdst, Charlie friend from Iwa. And you must be the famous Naruto." I nodded. "Good. I can peg you under smart and good." She said, tossing the still unconsious Chigami over her shoulder.

"Smart and Good?"

"You're smart because you beat up Chigami. And you're good because, well, you beat up Chigami." Alinned laughed. "Oh right. Charlie, will you come home for a few days? Just to visit?"

She shook her head. "I really don't want to go back home. If I do people will guilt me into staying longer."

Alinna shrugged and shifted Chigami. "I understand. You look pretty happy here anyway." She said with a wink. Thats when we remembered just how tightly wound we were. But we didn't let go.

"I'm a lot happier here than I was there Al."

"Thats good to here. I want you to be happy honey. Now, I should probobly get this idiot home. I'll come a visit sometime, Okay?"

"Okay." As she started to walk away, Charlie jolted. "Hey! Don't forget to visit Yumi in the hospital! She would love to see you!"

"Will do!" Alinna answered. Charlie sighed and leaned her head against my chest, and, most likely letting out what she had been holding in from the earlier attack, sobbed and weeped against me.