Chapter 41: Eternity

Charlie opened the box, and one thing, one single solitary thing sat there. It was an old glass crystal square pendent with a kanji in it. The pendent was attatched to a long black cord, and really very nice. She pulled it from the box and held it up.

"My Grandfather gave me this when I was little. He said the kanji means eternity, and that when I'm older, I would know what to do with it if I wanted something to last for an eternity. I never realy knew what he was talking about. But now I indo think I do." She held it out to me. "I want you to have it, Naruto."

My heart twisted in my chest from her words. Something like this... and she wanted to give it to me? I let her clasp it around my neck where it hung close to the crystal I had won off Lady Tsunade. Charlie smiled at me, and I pulled her into me, so over come with joy I hadn't realized I'd kissed her until she let out a happy sigh. The kiss deepened. God how I love this girl. She's so precious, so beautiful and kind. Charlie always takes thing with her head held high... except when it come to her brother, then she kicks some major ass.

Her hand twisted into my hair and I felt her begin rely on me for support having gone weak kneed. I laughed aginst her and she hit my back. "Shut up, not funny." Charlie mumbled against my lips.

"Hallarious." She hit my back again. After pulling away, we sat on her bed and talked about her up coming birthday. Sh knew exactly who she wanted to come to help celebrate, but the location was scetchy since she knew her Mom would never let her have the party here. She's to worried about her house getting trashed apparently. I mentioned maybe a park or something, but with it being so cold out lately, that didn't really work.

Charlie thought about calling Usura and seeing what he thought, but then realized he most likely had already planned the whole thing. So she went to call her friend and I sat there, looking around her room once more. There was a small picture of Charlie and Yumi sitting on the nightstand. They were back to back, arms linked and smiling brightly. Charlie's hair was long and pulled to the side with a white ribbon that matched the dress she was wearing. Yumi wore the same  dress, but her long brown hair was pulled back by a white headband.

I always found it nice to see Charlie interact with her friends. She's seems so comfortable around them, so happy. I remember growing up, very rarely getting to play with the other kids, all the looks, the horrible way people treated me. I never really had a friend until Sasuke and I were put on the same team. He was my best friend and greatest enemy at the same time. I miss him a lot.

A tiny corner of paper stuck up from the drawer in her nightstand. Now, normally I would have left it... oh who am I kidding, of corse I would grab it! Thats just me though, I'm seriously curious. Like curious George. I oppened the drawer, finding serveral pictures or many different people. Each picture either held Charlie or Yumi with at least three other people, all smiling and playing around. There was one that actually had Charlie laying in three girls arms, surprised looking. My guess is she didn't think they would be able the lift her like that. Charlie is really small though, just about anyone could pick her up.

As I went through the pictures, a lot of familier faces flashed through. Alinna, Cara, Abaline, Maybael... One picture made me drop the others in my hand. One with Charlie playing what looked to be a just started game of ninja. (Bay: I hope you guys know what ninja is, it's really a very awesome, somewhat violent game. And amazing to play in gym class.) There were four other people playing with her, three guys and one girl. The guy to her left was tall, hair white like snow, grinning wide eyed as he narrowly missed getting his hand hit by the guy next to him. That one was slightly larger, tired looking with longer red hair. The girl had her back turnned to the camera, so the only thing I could see was her red hair, long on one side, short on the other. But the last boy... I knew his face well. I knew that black hair, those deep eyes. The other boy was none other than my best friend, Sasuke Uchiha.