Chapter 2: Clean

"Oh my-" Charlie had wide eyes when he looked around my little apartment. He scaned the messy table and looked around the floor. "What the hell is that?!" He screetched. I looked to where he was pointing but only saw a pile of laundry.

"Clothes."

Charlie let out quite the screem when the laundry started attacking his shoe. He sounds like a total girl when he screams, hahaha!

"I DON'T THINK LAUNDRY IS SOPPOSED TO EAT YOU!!"

"You have to hit it with a stick." I said calmly, getting the stick by the door. I hit it once and it surrendered Charlies foot. His shoe was gone though.

"Okay. Time for action." He went to his bag and pulled out an i-Pod, plugged it into my i-Home on the counter, and told me to start cleaning. He got the stick from my hand and went after his shoe. Man this guy's weird. But I srugged my shoulders and went to go clean the bathroom, knowing full well that if he freaked out after seeing the front room, he was going to keal over seeing the bathroom.

After killing off the mold and scrubbing the tile and stuff to look at least half-way decent, I walked out into the main room to seehow Charlie was doing. Sparkle....? Shine....? Since when have I had a couch? The room was so clean it was like I was standing in a whole different appartment. So... Freaking... Clean!

Charlie was sitting at the freshly cleared off table with a text book in front of him. He pushed his glasses up and motioned for me to sit across from him.

"Okay, I have four questions to ask you. First, if |x 3| >= -7 what is X?" What? He sighed and turnned the page. "What is the final stage of Mitosis?" Again, What? "Can you tell me what a Gerund is?" He was starting to sound... I don't know the proper word for it. Like he couldn't believe I didn't know any of this. I shook my head. "The Battle of Antidiam?" His shoulders drooped and he looked slightly worried.

"Sorry man."

He set his head on the table. "Oh what have I gotten myself into?"

There was a knock on the door just then. I went to open it, only to be blasted back by the force of my teammate Sakura's yell.

"JUST WHERE IN THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!"

"Ow. Lets see, the Hokage's office, outside, the raman shop, and here. Why?"

"God your stupid." My other teammate, Sai, said. When they stepped into the apartment, they both stopped and looked around in aw.

"Naruto, you apartment is... clean." Sakura said. "Since when have you had a couch?"

"I know right?"

"It was under a pile of clothes, old raman bowls, some magazines, and other things you can not pay me enough money to ever touch again." Charlie said beside me. Man that kid is quiet!

Both Sakura and Sai gave the boy a look.

"Oh, sorry. I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Charlie White. Naruto's new tutor and roommate." He said holding out his hand to them.

"Tutor?" Sai asked increadiously.

"Room mate?" Sakura asked.

"Yep. I made him help me clean this place up." He looked back at me wth a slight glare. "Your lucky I got my shoe back."

Both my friends cleared their throats and went to sit on the couch I just discovered I had.

Charlie and I pulled up chairs from the table and had a small chat with them. They asked Charlie all kinds of questions. Where he was from, what he liked to do, things like that. I noticed Sakura looking him up and down a lot while he was telling Sai something. It was like she was looking for something. Then her eyes widened and she whispered something in Sais ear. He nodded, say either what ever she said he knew or he had a suspition. He may not show that much emotion but he's easy to read.

There was a slight motion at the door that Charlie glanced overat. Thats when I noticed I never shut the door. And a smallupset girl, with hair the color of pure milk chocolate and eyes like lavandar stood there.

Charlie stood fast and ran up the girl. "Yumi!"