Chapter 4: Russian

"Zdrastvuytye, Mama" Charlie said calmly.

The person on the other line Started shouting a very strange language. Charlie started shouting right back. It was really kind of weird. But his words flowed effertlessly, like he had been speaking them all his life.

"Russian." Yumi said.

Sakura, Sai, and myself looked over at her.

"The languagethey"respeaking right now, it's Russian. His mom's from St. Petersburg and made sure he could speak Russian when he was very little. Unfortunatly, Svetlana speaks poor japanese and usually when she's mad, like now, can't help but fall into her native toung." She leaned back on the couch and played with a rubix cube she pulled from her purse.

I turnned back to see charlie furiously press end on his phone and slam it down.

"You okay man?" I asked.

"Okay? Okay? I'm just peachy! My Mom's a Russian bitch who can't seem understand my want for teaching. No, she wants me to grow up and be a right fine male model or a ninja. Teacher? Fuck that! Well to her I say ninja and model? Fuck that, end of story, wheres the tylonal?"

Yumi tossed a small pill bottle to him and continued with the cube.

"Jeesh, sound like you have some real issues with your mom."

"Yeah. I just thank God she can't make Kobe be something he doesn't want to be at the moment. I would just die then."

"What about your sister?"

Yumi made a noise from her place on the couch and started lightly snickering. Charlie shot her a look.

"She's a model with Yumi over there. Actually Yumi does over time, she's a ninja too."

"Bing bam darlin."

"Don't you mean snap bang?"

"Ooh I like that. Snap bang. Perfect."

Model huh? Well I can understand that. Yumi is fairly beautiful. But if miss Charlotte is a model too, I wonder what she looks like. But ninja? Hm...

Yumi tossed the cube at Charlie which he procceded to turn and turn until it was solved. He tossed it back with the pill bottle.

"Thanks."

"Well guys, I think we should get going. Naruto don't be late tomorrow." Sakura pushed Sai out the door and waved.

"Yeah it is getting kinda late. I'm going back to the hotel. I'll see both tomorrow. Bye."

"Da svidanya Yumi."

"Show off."

Charlie stuck out his tounge and sat down. He picked up a book titled 'The Shunning of Anya Sitoha'. He really seemed to be getting into it.

"What's that book about?"

"It's a true story about a girl who grew up in a very strickt christian townbut she didn't follow the rules there and began studying other religions. So she was shunned by everyone until finally, when she did not admit her sin she was purified. That's as far as I've gotten though."

"Sounds good."

"It is. I'm having a hard time putting it down." He rubbed his neck and sighed. "Hey can you get into my bag? I have a small heating pad in there I could really use right about now."

"Yeah sure." His bag sat on the secondary bed that had been put in here while I was in the meeting with Lady Tsunadie. But right unger the cream was a picture. A picture of a girl with long, shinning blue hair. A girl that greatly resembled Charlie, in almost every aspect.