Chapter 7: Truth

We both sat on the beach, not looking at each other, not saying a word.The sun had gone down awhile ago and I had made a fire. Charlie was sitting in the sand, chin in the knees and staring at the flame. I had my head in my hands.

"Your a girl." I looked over at Charlie who closered her eyes. "Your a girl?"

"Thats the seventh time you've said that."

"Yeah I know. I'm trying to make sence of this whole thing."

She sighed and layed down across the sand. Really I guess it makes sence. Her voice is so high, she's completly germaphobic, and so beautiful. And this is a huge relife to me. Cause earlier today I was having this huge issue during training when I saw Charlie talking to Sai.

(Flash back of doom!!)

Sakura and I were sparing. Sai had just finished his match against me and was leaned against a tree next Charlie. she was reading a book, but looked up when Sai said something. She answered back pretty fast and went back to her book. But the next thing he said really surprised her and she dropped her book. He held up his hands and seemed to apologize. Charlie really seemed to be freaked out but calmed down a little when Sai said something else. She breather a great sigh and smiled. They exchanged a few more words, laughing and paling around. It made me really mad. Like really really mad. Sakura screamed when I punched her a little to hard and she hit a tree.

"Well i think thats good for today. I'm out of here." Sensei went running. Wheres he off to in such a hurry? No time for that.

Charlie smiled at Sai and said something. He smiled back and nodded. Why am I so... Jelouse? I mean, charlie ismy friend... and a boy (So I thought then). Jesus, am I gay? Do I like Charlie? This is so not cool.

(End flash back of doom)

So now i've figured out I'm not gay. (Sorry sasunaru fans. No yoai in this story. Or is there? ;) No theres not) But still, Charlie is a freaking girl! This is big! No wonder Yumi would laugh when I asked about Charlotte. Charlie IS Charlotte.

"Thisis Just so weird. How canyou be a girl?"

"You saw for yourself didn't you?" Oh boy did I. I got an eye full when that wave carried us back to the beach. Poor Charlie lost her shirt on the way back in.I gave her my shirt though. But still... wow... A bag of marshmallows hit my head.

"Quit it! I know what your thinking about man."

"Hey your the one that brought it up!"

"Shut it!" She turnned around and hugged her knees. "I guess now your going to run to Lady Tsunadie and tell her the truth and have me sent home just so they can make my sick brother come here." She sounded like she was about to cry. I crawled over to her and hugged her gently.

"I'm not going to tell on you."

"Your not?"

"Heck no. You went through so much to get here to protect your brother. Your a good teacher, an amazing friend. Charlie I wouldn't trade you for anything."

She turnned to look at me with wide eyes. "You... you really mean that Naruto?"

"Yeah. I really do."

She smiled and leaned into my hug. "Thank you."

Yep. Deffinatly not gay.