Chapter 8: Hinata

The sun came up, slowly warming my face. The feel of the fresh breeze and the sand under me gave me a gret feeling. I need to fall asleep on the beach more often. After stretching out I sat up and looked around. Charlie must have gotten up before me. Her spot was empty. I got up and walked down to the shore line to dip my feet in the water.

I heard a very disterbing noise down along the shore. Sitting in the sand was Charlie, a thin piece of cloth tied around her arm, one end in her mouth, the other in her hand. What is she doing?

I walked down there just as she was relaxing the cloth and pinching her skin.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I had a muscle spasm in my arm. I was trying to stop it." I watched as she expertly whipped the bandage into a small square andset it in the vial of mucsle relaxing cream. Charlie got up and smiled dow at me. "Why don't we start heading back? I'm getting hungry."

She stuffed her things in the backpack we brought and we got on our way back to the village. On the way back I saw my good friend Hinata practicing her taijutsu.

"Hey! Hinata!"

"Oh Naruto-kun." A bright pink line appeeared across her face. That always seems to happen. She seemed to notice Charlie right off the bat though. "Who is this?"

"Hi. I'm Charlie White. I was hired to tutor Naruto."

Hinata giggled at that. "I'm Hinata Hyuga. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Ochin priyatna."

"Oh, your Russian?"

"si."

They both laughed. I will never understand smart people. We sat and chatted for awhile. Mainly about the up coming festival. Hinata was excited to be running a small game stand in it this year. Charlie got a little excited to. I guess she likes Festivals. Both the girls really seemed to be getting along great. Although I could tell Charlies "I'm a boy" thing was working on Hinata.

"Hey, your hands." Charlie pointed out. Hinata's hands were raw and had started to bleed. Charlie got into the backpack and pulled out her vial. The cloth was still in there. She pulled it out and asked for Hinatas hands. "Don't worry. I know what I'm doing." Charlies smile reminded me of Haku's. Soft and innocent. Hinata put out her hands and Charlie started rubbing the soaked cloth on her hands.

Hinatas face got more more and more red with every stroak of the cloth.

"You need to take care of your hands Hinata. Your focusing to much of your punches pressure on the plam bone and it's tearing away at your skin. Try hitting with the flat of your palm."

Hinata got up and focused for a slight second before charging at her target. The hit was dead on and Hinata pulled her hand back and looked at it in aw. "It didn't hurt."

"Told you. It's simple Physics."

There was a bit of thunder out in the distance.

"Hey Charlie, we should get going."

"Yeah. It was nice to meet you Hinata. I'll see you around."

On the way back the thunder got closer and it seemed like it would rain before we got there. And eventually it did. Charlie and I ran through the rain as fast as we could. The apartment never seemed so cozy then. Charlie shook her hair out and smiled at me.

"I call first shower!"

Damn. I decided instead of just standing there dripping alover the place though I went to the bathroom to get a towle. Charlie had just pulled off her shirt when I walked in.

"Hey, can uyou hand me a towle?"

"Yeah here." I could feel the heat in my face. She smirked. "Don't be a pervert, we won't have a problem. Don't be a such a stiff and this will glide smoothly. Now go dry off. When your done with your shower we'll start the lesson."

Hm... Charlie is being really cool about this. It's nice. I thought she was going to be all pevish.

A thud sounded in the bathroom not two minutes later. Oh that can't be good. I ran in and found Charlie passed out in the shower, her face flushed with fever. It didn't take much to get her up and out of there. The rain must have made her sick. She twitched her eyes and groaned. After wrapping her in a towel I set her in her bed and went to find some medicine.