Chapter 26: The fall

Sakura and Sai sat in my apartment. There is a lot of extra room in here now that the extra bed is gone. The AMBU had been quick this morning and moved all of Charlies things into the apartment next door. Now I'm spending time with my team while she gets settled in. Sakura turnned the channel to some game show and started getting really intence with the answers. Sai and I quietly made fun of her, though during the commercial breaks, she pretty much tried to kill us.

"Seriously, if you don't want us to make fun of you, why do you get os serious?" I asked.

"Because the people who go on this show think they are smart but then they miss the simpilest freaking question!"

"Next question. How many times does a humming bird's heart beat per second?" The guy on the show asked.

"Come on! Eighty times!" Sakura yelled.

"Um... three times?"

"Idiot!"

The door slammed open and a very scared looking Charlie and a tall AMBU stood there. "You three need to go, and now." He said.

"Why? Whats wrong?" I asked.

Charlie changed the channle to the news, and there, right before our eyes, we all watched as the village was taken down. The akatsuki had attacked us. Part of the village was in a panic, the Kage tower was burnning, collapsing before our very eyes. I was confused, and I really couldn't believe this was happening. Charlie took my hand and squeezed it.

Sakura had tears rolling down her face as she watched the tower become nothing more than a pile of dust. All three of us got up and ran out the door. Charlie called out to me and I stopped.

She hugged me hard and rested her head on my shoulder. Yesterday she had been really quiet after what I confessed. She told me to give her some time to think about it. I didn't mind but the suspence is killing me. "Please, come back safe Naruto." She whispered. Charlie kissed me lightly.

"I will. Wait for me?" She smiled and nodded. I'll take that as a yes.