Chapter 37: Idea

I watched as the boy hugged Charlie, picking her up and spinning her. Her reaction to him... I found very odd. Not because she had run to give him a hug, she did that for all her friends, but it was the fact that she screamed in pure excitment. It made me wonder just who this kid was... Charlie had called him Usura... where have I heard that name before? She took his hand and lead him inside.

"Oh my God! I thought you were going to be in the tea country forever!" Charlie gushed.

"That mission sucked so hard. It was completly pointless." He looked over at me. "So you must be the famous Naruto. I'm Usura Hasigami." He held out his hand and I took it. I may be suspicious, but i'm still nice.

"Yeah, i'm Naruto. Nice to meet you!"

"Usura is one of my oldest and most trust friends." CHarlie explained. Oh okay. I get it now.

"We actually tried the dating thing once, but eventually came to the conclusion we like being friends better." ...You have got to be kidding me... This is the other ex-boyfriend?! I thought back to Chigami. His sexest comments, the way he expected everything to go his way, the over confidence and self loving. But as I looked at Usura, I saw a genuenly nice guy that smiled at me and looked like he actually cared about Charlie. But with the next sentance he said, I grew increadibly angry.

"Charlie, You need to come home. Everyone really misses you, and we want to help you celebrate your birthday next week. We aren't asking you to come home indeffinatly, because we see that this place has really made you happy. This boy has really made you happy." He said looking at me. "Your Dad wants to see you. Please, just a few days for your birthday."

Charlie was looking down, her hair covering her face. I knew she was really fighting with herself. But then she looked up, broken and ready. "I can't. If I go home... I'll feel so bad when I have to leave, because I'll be leaving everyone again. You have no idea how hard it was for me to leave the first time. I've worked so hard to stay here. Chigami, Neji, Kobe, but I just... I'm not strong enough."

I really felt for her. She's such a nice girl, it really must be hard for her to leave her friends and see them sad. Usura looked at me and seemed to get an idea. "What if Naruto came with you?"

"Huh?" She looked at me wide eyed.

"You say you're not strong enough, but you're thinking of your strength on it's own. What if Naruto came with you back to Iwa and was your Moral support? You'd have no problems then right?"

I smiled at him. Clever, clever man. "Thats a great idea!"

"Naruto?!" Charlie looked seriously surprised.

"Come on, Charlie! You said just a few minutes ago that you would like to take me to Iwa and show me all the places you went as a kid. So why not go now? It's not that far away. We could leave in a few days, stay for three and have an Iwa party on your birthday and then come back to have a Konoha party."

She looked seriously torn. "I don't know Naruto..."

"Theres nothing to be afraid of." I said, placing my hand on the side of her face. "I'll help you. You know I will. Who knows, maybe you won't even need my help." She thought about for a minute, then looked me in the eye and nodded. I took her hand to comfort her and Usura took her other one, smiling at us both. It might actually be a lot of fun.