Chapter 17: A Confession

WARNING: This chapter has the biggest cliff hanger!! Be prepared! Dont say I didnt warn you!

Read, comment, vote, and enjoy :D

Chapter 17: A Confession

“Wait, so let me get this straight; you dyed your hair red, and the reason you are throwing up is because of your hangover?” Sal asked in disbelief.

“Yes.” I muttered through my pillow, regretting I ever told her. I was trying to think of everything but vomit, but that was the only thing my mind kept coming back to.

Thinking about the ten harshest ways to kill Ethan when I saw him today kind of helped, but it was still 75% vomit. Hangover sucked chicken butt. Why do people even drink? The aftermath sucked.

I looked up to see Sal with a shocked face while Raj was gaping at me like a goldfish, as if he couldn’t believe what he seeing. Only Aman stood in front of me smiling like a crazed lunatic. The silence dreaded on for what felt like a decade. I think they were trying to process the information that their “innocent, naive, good” friend was acting rebellious. Aman was the first one to speak.

“So you’re not pregnant?” My eyes widened at his accusation. This was the thing that was bothering him at this moment? Sal stared at him in shock while Raj snapped out of his daze to slap the back of Aman’s head. Aman rubbed the back of his head with a frown on his face.

“What the hell was that for?”

“Why would Naina be pregnant?” Sal screeched while I turned bright red.

“Don’t girls throw up when they are pregnant?” Aman questioned while raising his hands defensively.

Raj cupped his mouth while trying to retain his anger. “Aman people also throw up when they are sick or when they have food poisoning; not only when they are carrying a baby.” I refused to look at any of them, and instead let my gaze wonder around the room.

I noticed a small bottle of Advil sitting on the counter with a water bottle and granola bar off to the side on my night stand. I didn’t bring any medication on to this trip. I noticed a yellow post-it note attached to the bottle. I picked it up and let my eyes wander.

Hangovers suck! You probably feel like crap. Take two capsules of Advil, but before you do eat the granola bar.

-Your sexy friend Ethan

I couldn’t hide the grin that was forcing itself onto my face. I shook my head. Sometimes he just surprised me. You always read in the books or seen it in the movies about the hot jock being uncaring or using girls for their own advantages, but Ethan was a different form of a jock.

Sure, he could be a pain in the ass, and sure he checked out plenty of girls, but there was something different about him and I couldn’t put my finger on it. He just cared. He didn’t judge me, ever.

He didn’t care what people said about me. I am pretty sure his friends would ask why he was hanging out with me, but that never stopped him. He was my friend. I hate to admit it, but he was. Never in a million years would I have thought Ethan Meyers would be my friend.

I shook my head at the irony and gobbled up the granola bar. As my friends began to bicker and scream at Aman for being an idiot, I took the liberty of popping the pills down my throat.

“God Aman you are so immature. That’s why the only friend you have is Raj because no one wants to deal with an idiot like you! That’s why no girl even took the time to talk to you because you act like a kid and not a legal adult.” Sal yelled. Raj probably just called Aman an idiot, but Sal on the other hand was screaming the most ridiculous things at him. And her shouting wasn’t making my head feeling any better.