Chapter 22: Picture Perfect

Heads up: Longest Chapter Eveer

Enjoy

(not edited)

READ, COMMENT, VOTE, AND ENJOY!!!

Chapter 22: Picture Perfect

I couldn't move. Even if I wanted to I would still be paralysis. My brain could not comprehend what was going on. It was as if all the wires in my brain went haywire. My breathing just stopped and my heart was pumping endlessly. The only thing I could think about was those three words that kept on entering my mind repeatedly.

Ethan

Liked

Me.

I was in a state in shock. How could Ethan, the guy that every girl drooled over like me Naina, the girl who sit by herself for her whole high school life during lunch. How could Ethan, the guy that every girl dreamed of like me Naina, the clumsy dork with large glasses. How could Ethan like me Naina. It didn't make sense it would never make sense its like 2+2=5, it just doesn't make sense.

Then I looked at what I was wearing. Maybe it was because I was dressing like sluts R us with red highlight hair. Maybe Ethan like rebellion, crazy, girls, and not the quiet girl who likes to stay hidden in her baggy clothes.

This whole trip I've changed myself for other people, but I haven't changed for myself. I blame my parents for making me be the little nerd a quiet girl, which is true, but what I have become this pass two months isn't any better. First Sal made me look like the regular girls at this school. Then Ethan comes and he tries to help me figure out who I am, but at the end I feel like I have been trying so hard to satisfy him that right now I am acting like the rebellious girl that I am just not.

This red hair doesn't belong to me this leather jacket doesn't work for me, and I know at dorky as it sounds I miss my glasses because these contact have been itching my eyes. Ethan didn't fall in love with me. He fell in love with the girl I become not the girl I was.

Ethan like 'I think I badass Naina' not Naina Kapoor'.

That's the only explanation.

"You are an idiot." Was the voice I heard that snapped me out of my train of thought. I snap my head to see the girl who I use to call my best friend.

"Leave me alone Sal." I hissed.

"Not when you are being an idiot Naina." She retorted back. I cross my arms over my chest and sent daggers to her with my eyes.

"You're the last person I want to talk to. So leave me the hell alone." I loathed with anger.

Sal face shot with pain, and I felt bad for about three to four seconds but after that I could give a crap how she felt. That girl said some harsh things to me, and for to have the guts to call me an idiot makes me have the urge to slap her upside her head.

"I am sorry Naina. I really am." She whispered. My whole guard came down. Never in my four years of friendship have I heard those words come out of Sal's mouth not even when she accidently bumped in to me making me fall on concrete with my tooth hanging out.

"What?" I was so flabbergasted. I couldn't handle all the crap that was occurring to me. First Raj, then Ethan, and now Sal.

"I am sorry." She said louder with grief in her eyes. "I was a jealous bitch. I don't deserve your forgiveness heck I don't even deserve your friendship after the shit load I said to you. You don't have to hear out, but I would appreciate it if you did." I kept silence. I didn't say anything. Sal took the opportunity to explain herself.