Chapter 5: The Necklace

Chapter Five: The Necklace

 PLEASE COMMENT,READ MY OTHER CHAPTERS,AND VOTE!!! ENJOY :D

I grabbed my suitcase and three it onto the shopping cart. I was relieved at the fact that I made it on time. With my mom getting ready and my dad being unprepared, I was afraid I was gonna miss my plane ride. 

 Radha pulled on my shirt cause me to look down and see her big brown eyes filled with tears.  

"Naina do you have to go?"  

"Sorry squirt. I kind of have to go. Don't worry, I will be back as soon as possible! I promise."  

"That's two months!!!" Radha exclaimed. "What am I supposed to do without my favorite sister?"  

"First off, I'm your only sister..and sibling, and second, you can help Mom pick my soon-to-be husband!"  

Ever since the whole Europe trip and me agreeing to this "Arranged Marriage", my mom has been on the phone nonstop. Calling all her friends, family, and even co-workers. She even signed me up for one of those weird marriage.com websites! It was kind of creepy that my mom did all these crazy things, but I had to admit, I was flattered that she was putting so much effort into this.  

My parents hugged me goodbye and kissed me all over the face before they finally left. Luckily for me, I convinced my them to drop me off OUTSIDE of the airport because I was afraid they were going to make a dramatic scene. Scratch that. I had no DOUBT they were going to make a dramatic scene.  

I pushed my cart inside the airport, searching for a large group of idiotic seniors. I scanned the area to find a bunch of girls and boys, screaming, fighting, gossiping, and half naked. Ahh how I was gonna love spending my time with these amazing people. I rolled my eyes pushing my cart towards my group of friends.  

As I was approaching the group, my class mates were glaring at me and started to back up. Did I smell or something? No, I put perfume on before I left. So why was everyone backing up as if I had the Black Plague? 

I noticed my friends avoiding eye contact with me. When they did this, there were only two possibilities. One, being I was bleeding through my pants, which I was almost a hundred percent sure I wasn't, at least not today, and second, someone had spread a...yep you guessed it ladies and gentlemen..a wonderful..fantastic..totally untrue and embarrassing...rumor. UGHH.  

"Okay guys, you can look up now." No answer. Raj pretended he was on his phone, Sal picked her nails, and Aman flipped through a magazine. "Guys I am going to eventually figure out what's going on." I said stating the obvious.  

"FINE!" Aman stood up and looked me directly in the eye. "I will tell you just stop screaming!"  

"What? Aman I'm not even screaming." 

"Naina it is too early in the morning and your voice is very irritating."  

"EXCUSE ME? THIS IS SCREAMING! HOW THE HELL DID YOU EVEN GRADUATE AGAIN??!!"  

Aman let out an exasperated sigh. "Raj CONTROL your girlfriend. I don't know why she's so rude." 

Oh hell no. My fist clenched up and just as I was about to jump on Aman, Sal stopped me. 

"Naina," she whispered," Everyone is staying away from you because you are a klutz. After you fell on principal Right, he broke his leg. So yeah, everyone's gonna stay away from you so they don't get injured." 

I stared at her in disbelief. Was she serious or was this a sick joke? Looking at her face she was dead serious.  

"It's official. THE PEOPLE I GO TO SCHOOL WITH ARE COMPLETE IDIOTS!" This seemed to grasp everyone's attention as they all stared at me. I was about to yell at them and tell them how they were dropped on their heads as a baby, but before I could, Raj signaled me not too.