Epilogue: Double Trouble

CHECK OUT THE SPIN OFF IT IS OFFICIALLY UP!!! 

Epilogue: Double Trouble

                (Ethan’s POV)

                                “Medical City, Stat.” I swear I was going to go into cardiac arrest in the next fifteen seconds if this dumb taxi driver didn’t drive at lightning speed. He was taking his time as if there wasn’t a pregnant lady about to have her child in the back of the seat.  We were both panicking as shit, and the taxi driver had the audacity to ask us where we are from. Okay, that’s a stupid reason to get angry, but I was so about to pee in my pants. We were having a baby. No we weren’t having one baby. Nope. We were having two. I remember asking Naina if the first baby was mine, and the other belong to someone else.

                Don’t ever and I mean ever joke about that.

                Naina ended up crying for fifteen minutes straight that night. Honestly she is been a lunatic since she got pregaunt. I guess she has the right to be because she has to take care of three human beings, but there was so much a man could take. Honestly I think I made ten, three o’clock, sardine runs. Not ice-cream runs. No she had a craving for fish. She would get so emotional at the most randsomest times.  One time I was cooking her favorite, and she started crying how lucky she was to have a husband like me. It was nice to get appreciated, but she was just acting weird.

                These last nine months have been a roller coaster ride. I could handle Naina, but I couldn’t handle the fact that one of our children wouldn’t make it. The doctor told us that one of the babies is experiencing difficulties with their heart. It’s not fully growing or maturing, and it can have multiple complications. This is one of the reasons Naina refused to want to name the baby, or figure out the gender. She said she couldn’t get attached beforehand. I thought it was kind of stupid because she was the mother, Naina wanted not to be attached, but it was inevitable she was going to be.

                I felt her squeeze my hand to where it became numb. “Ethan it hurts.” She said with tears in her eyes. I just nodded not knowing how to calm her down. It hurt that I couldn’t do anything. I wanted to stop the pain, but I was useless. I wish I could just give birth to one of the babies for her. When we got to the hospital I slowly put her into a wheel chair.

                “You did this to me Ethan! You did this to me! I am going to kill you! Lets just take a moonlight walk down the beach whats the harm he said. Now look where we are, I am having not one child, but two!” She yelling and throwing her hands in the air earing multiple glares from people. We finally got settled into one of the rooms, and she told me to wait outside because her family should be coming soon.

                When Naina’s family walked in they were all in tears. I guess the first grandkids does that to people. Her dad who tended to avoid me at all cost was now hugging me. I didn’t really know how to respond, so I just let my arms off to the side.

***

Four hours later

                (Naina POV)

                At this point I wish someone had shot me five times in the arm, because the pain wouldn’t be that bad compared to what I am experiencing right now. I just wanted them to come out, but Nope the doctor said just a little bit more time.

                How much time does he need!!

                The door slammed open, and we saw my three best friends, Raj, Sal, and Aman. Aman was holding a sign that said ‘welcome to the world baby it’.