Chapter 9: Three Dances

I just wanted to say sorry ahead of time for any grammar mistake

Comment, Vote, Read!!! 

Dedicated to my best friend LovelyyTwinkk!!

*****

Chapter Nine: Three Dances

Dinner was probably the most awkward experience of my life. Raj and Aman couldn't even meet my eyes, and when they did I looked down, blushing. WHY WAS I BLUSHIG!? THEY WERE MY FRIENDS! THEY SHOULDN'T MAKE ME WANT TO BLUSH! Sal kept on chatting away about... god knows what. She was too oblivious to even know what was going on. 

I realize everyone started to get up one by one heading to the dance floor. We were at a romantic Italian resteraunt and they had a dance floor where couples could get up and express their love to each other. They had multiple violinists playing to cheesy mushy love songs. 

All the girls had partnered up, expect me. It actually surprised me considering the fact that when I walked in to the lobby every guy tried to lay their hands on me. I guess since I didn't respond to their perverted gestures, they figured that I wasn't going to give them any. They were right! I wasn't going to give them any, but still, at least one of those decent baboons could have asked me to dance! 

I looked over to my shoulder to see Sal dancing with a guy. When did she even leave? That's when it hit me I was stuck with Aman and Raj and all I wanted to do was hide. 

"Can you guys stop being so awkward!" I blurted out causing them to stare at me for quite a while. They just stared at me like I was some animal and I finally got the courage to say

"Okay guys I know I'm hot but seriously, do you guys have to drool all over me." This caused them too, to looked down and blush. I sighed

"Seriously, can we just forget about this incident and move on."Aman finally got the balls to speak,

"Fine, but seriously Naina if I'm about to kiss you can you please stop me because your like a sister and it would be weird if I kissed my sister, you know." 

I chuckled at his respond. "Lets just hope there isn't a next time." I smiled. 
Aman got up and left to the bathroom which just left me and Raj. 

"Raj why are you embarrassed, its not like you tried to kiss me." 

"It was a weird situation to witness Naina." 

"At least you didn't have to live it." I scowled.

"True, who would want to kiss Aman; that's just plain disturbing!" 

I giggled at his reply and it was nice to See the old Raj back. 

"Umm Naina?" 

"Yeah." 

Raj started inching the back of his neck nervously as he mustered up to courage to ask "will you dance with me?" 

I was taken aback, but I couldn't help but smile. "I would love to,Raj." 

He just grinned like an idiot as he pulled my hand towards the dance floor.

"Raj, I don't know how to dance." 

"Of course you do! You've been dancing since you were little." 

"But that's different. That was classical Indian dance and this is ballroom dancing."

"Naina trust me you will do just fine." 

"Okay if I step on your feet, don't cry." 

Raj chuckled, he didn't even reply, instead he grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him. Butterflies began to form in my stomach and my heart rate started to increase as the distance between us shortened. It was hard to focus and know when to move what foot because all I could do was concentrate on his eyes.