Stay

She heaved again a deep sigh as she step out of the car. She vividly remembers how Denise thanked her when she finally decided to leave Aga and apologized to her for everything.

"Tell me this isn't real." she said almost a whisper.

"How we wish this wasn't true. But we are here right now. Let's go inside." answered Vice.

Athena rushed towards his father whose tears are continously flowing. She hugged him tight and whispered those daughter lines.

"I'm sorry, dad. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, anak. I'm just... You know. I-I don't know." he hugged her back.

He doesn't know if it was just he's sleepy or his tears cover his eyes but he saw his ex wife slowly walking towards them. Tugging Vice's hand. Sadness was evident on her face. He let go of Athena's hug and stared at Lea.

"She was the one who told me she's coming with me today for you." said Athena and stood up. He stood up as well as Lea walks nearer.

"Lea..."

She half smiled. He couldn't help it. He grabbed her and hugged her tight. And cried.

"Thank you. Thank you for coming. Sobrang thank you, Lei."

She tapped his back, "It's okay, Ags. We're here to comfort you. You're not alone, okay?"

This isn't the right time but memories started to flood the both of them. From the hugs, kisses, fights, sweet moments, and I love you's. Everything.

Lea being here somewhat made him happy. He didn't expect her coming but here she is.

"Ags, I think, we must catch up. Tell me what happened." said Lea and let go of the hug.

He looked at her, to his friends and to Athena, "I didn't see this coming. I just found out one day, she has a cancer. Good thing, hindi naapektuhan 'yong bata. Parang miracle. It was as if, she saved the life of our child."

They were busy listening to Aga when a child held Lea's leg, "Mama... Mama."

They were all shocked including Aga.

"Ay, anak. Sorry, Lei ha." Aga carried the child, "Zy, she's not your mom. She's your tita Lea."

She doesn't know but something urged her ro smile at the kid, "What's your name, pretty girl?"

The child stared at her and smiled, "I am Zyrile Andrea L. Muhlach."

The gang laughed at how adorable the child was, "You're so pretty, do you know that?" asked Lea and piched her cheeks.

The child nodded and smiled, "Thank you. Lagi pong pinapaalala sa akin ni mama 'yan. And you remind me of my mama."

Lea laughed and was about to answer when Aga spoke up, "Pasensya na ha. Madaldal talaga 'to eh. Oh, anak, balik ka muna kay Lola, ha? May kausap pa si daddy eh."

The child nodded, and kissed the cheeks of her dad, "Bye, daddy." she said and run towards her lola.

"Ka-mata mo. Parang 'yong anak ni Lea." said Vice which made the rest shocked. "I mean, si Athena, ka-mata niya, 'di ba?"

"Ah, yeah." answered Aga.

They continued having some chit chats mostly about Aga's life with Denise.

**

That week went good (partly not because of Denise but they couldn't do anything but to accept the fact that she's gone)

The good thing about it was Lea's able to hide her daughter from Aga.

"Why are you always away, mimi?" her daughter asked one day.

"My love, mimi has to fix some things here in the Philippines. Di ba? We went home for me to have a time fixing those things? Mimi's been very busy the past few days. But I'll make it up to you next time, okay?"

Her daughter's face lit up, "Yehey!"

"You've been a very good daughter the past days, and because of that, we are going out on weekend."

Her daughter kissed Lea's cheeks. "Sweet!"

--

They went to gather for it's Denise's 40th. It's already her 40 days but still, Aga could not even accept the fact that he lost a friend.

"Any plans after this Muhlach? You know, bagong mommy ni Zy." asked Vice, everyone looked at him and threw him a dagger look, "I mean, I'm just kidding you know. Ang seryoso niyo masyado. Hehe."

"I don't know. Seriously. I don't think I could find someone who could replace Denise." he answered with a serious face, "Iba si Denise eh."

"Dati, ako lang ang iba sa paningin mo ah?" Lea wanted to answer but of course, she didn't say it. Of course. Of course. And another of course.

After some more hours, they decided to go home. After bidding their good bye's, Lea was taken aback when Aga held her wrist making her turn her face, an inch closer to his.

"Lei,"

She took a step backward, "Ah, yeah?"

"I know this is crazy but..."

"Hm?"

He bit his lips and contemplated whether to ask the favor still or not.

"Hey, Ags, what's it?"

"Hindi ka ba talaga magsasalita? Aalis na ako."

"Kasi..."

"Hay nako. I'm going." She turned her back and was about to walk when Aga spoke up.

"Please stay. Please. For the very last time."