The One Who Chose to Stay

"I want you to stay, never go away from me... Stay forever."

That was the background song as they enter the club of Vice, there was Darryl Ong in front singing his famous rendition of the song Stay.

"What the f, Darryl. You better change the song or else!" Lea shouted a bit as if protesting.

"Sus, ang sabihin mo, natatamaan ka." answered Vice and took a sit.

"So, he really asked you to stay." stated Dawn with a serious tone.

She nodded and stared at Darryl.

"Are you staying?" Dawn asked again.

"I don't know."

"Mahal mo ba si Rob?"

She was shocked with the question, "Of course. I do. I love him." she stated, surely.

"Why are you then bothered by that line of Aga?"

That's when she finally realized her actions. After that scene, he told Aga to just wait for her decision, called her friends out, at the verge of crying, contemplating whether to just stay or leave because there's Rob waiting for her home.

"Uh.. I-I just want to help.. I mean, you know." she tried explaining. Her friends just looked at her convincing theirself that she's stating a fact. "I just want to help. Maybe, just maybe, I could ease the pain if I stay."

"Do you think, leaving Rob would also ease the pain?" asked Dawn.

"I really don't know. I don't know why I'm acting like this. Siguro nagulat lang ako when he asked me to stay. Siguro na-carried away lang ako. I don't know."

"You won't be confused kung wala kang pinagdedesisyunan. Siguro, you wanted to stay. Pero may Rob." answered Vice and took a sip from a glass of tequilla.

"We're giving you a night to decide. Di ba, a week lang kayo dito? Oh, you just have few more days here, you need to decide."

She drank from the tequilla, she was about to speak when her phone rang and Rob's name was on the screen.

"Uh-huh, speaking of the papa Chien." said Vice.

She took a deep sigh and answered it. They just had a short chitchat when finally, before bidding good bye,

"Uh, hon?" she asked him.

"Yes, babe?"

"Di ba, we were planning to buy a house here and just settle here in the Philippines?"

Rob was somehow confused, "Yes, but that was I think 2 years ago, right? Then you asked me na we'll just live here in America instead?"

She looked at her friends and they were waiting for her words, her decision instead. Of course, they knew what her decision would be. But they want to hear it live. As in.

"Yeah. But.. I-I think, I mean, I decided to uhm-- Just stay here in the Philippines."

---

"Oh my God, mommy! We'll just stay here? For real?! God! Thank you! That means, we would have more time para makasama si Daddy! Wah, you made the best decision!" Athena exclaimed and hugged her mom.

"Of course."

But then, Athena, being as serious as her mom, "Pero mommy, you don't have to leave papa ha? Huwag mo siyang iiwan, okay?"

Athena had no idea how her mom came up with her decision, she was shocked when her mom told her that they'd stay in the Philippines for good for she knows that her mom had her final decision to live a life in America, years ago. But she didn't ask her mom, anyway. She was happy.

Lea half smiled, "That's... Another of course."

***

Aga was walking inside a mall, planning to buy a toy for his daughter when he saw a little girl walking alone.

He noticed that the little girl was a bit scared, as seen on her face. He walked near the girl and asked her.

"Hey."

The girl was taken aback. Her mom told her not to talk to stranger.

"Uh, no, I won't hurt you. Are you lost?" Aga asked again. This time, the little girl nodded.

"Who are you with ba? Kasama mo ba mommy mo?"

"I'm with my mommy, my ate and my yaya. I was just walking and then I noticed they weren't with me anymore. I got lost, sir. Can you help me, please?" the little girl pouted. And he remembered someone. As pretty as this girl. As adorable as she is.

His daughter, Athena.

"What's your name?" he then held her hand.

"I'm Beatrice Carlisle Salonga."

Salonga? No, of course, it can't be. Kung magkakaanak man si Lea, malalaman niya 'to. But no.

"A-ah, okay. Ah, pupunta tayo sa information desk okay. And ipapahanap natin sina mommy mo. Would that be fine?"

The little girl nodded again. "Thank you."

He smiled, "What's the name of your mom?"

"My mommy's---"

"Bea! Jusko bata ka! Akala ko naman kung saan ka na napunta. Nag-alala ako sa'yo, anak. Halika nga dito." A girl in 30's approached them and held Bea's hand. She saw Aga and smiled at him.

"S-sir Aga? Naku, sorry ho sa abala ha. Ito po kasing batang 'to. Di po namin napansing nawala na sa tabi namin. Salamat po at kayo ang nakakakita." the girl thanked him.

He smiled, at least, he was wrong. She's not Lea's daughter.

"Wala 'yon. I saw her kasi, alone tsaka takot. Kaya buti nakita ko agad. Delikado pa naman ngayon. Take care of her, okay?"

Before going, Bea waved her hand, "Thank you, superman." and smiled.

He answered with a smile, "Bye, princess."

--

Lea was worried sick about her daughter. Kanina pa sila naghahanap. He was about to call her mom when Chelsie, Bea's yaya approached them with her daughter.

"Anak!" she called her and hugged her daughter. "Where have you been? I was worried! Di ba, I told you not to go too far? And just stay with us?"

"Opo. Sorry, mommy."

"Saan mo siya nakita?" she asked Chelsie.

"Ma'am," Chelsie moved near and whispered, "Si Sir Aga po ang nakakita sa kanya. Buti na lang po hindi kayo nag-meet at di pa nasasabi ni Bea 'yong pangalan niyo."

"Oh my God."

"Mommy, superman saved me. He was kind and super handsome. He saved me. We should thank him."

She lowered down, "Anak, don't do that again, okay? Nag-thank you ka naman na kay superman. That's enough."

"I wish... I wish he was my dad."