TGOD- 5

His eyes couldn't believe what he's seeing at the moment. Never in his wildest dreams had he imagined Lea and Denise together in their house.

The silence around the dining area was deafening until Lea decided to slowly pull out a chair and sat a few chairs away from them.

Gosh, this is suffocating. Really.

"Babe, I'm sorry. I was here to give you peace offering sana. I'm sorry for what happened last night. Kaya lang, hindi ko naman alam na Lea's here. Had I known, I would've texted you at least," Denise uttered in a very soft manner.

Opposite Lea, Denise was demure, fragile and she seems kinder than Lea, too.

Aga then went near her and softly held her hand, "It's okay. I'm sorry."

As much as possible, Lea doesn't want to hear their conversation but it was silent around and their voices are loud enough for her to hear. She cleared her throat, catching the attention of the two.

"Would you two like to sit down and have breakfast?" she uttered, "She made breakfast for you."

Her smile was genuine but it holds a bit of bitterness still. Aga sat on the head chair while Denise occupied the seat next to him.

Silence filled the air once again. Denise couldn't even eat her food properly because the mere presence of Lea around her– not mention how close they were to each other– tenses her and makes her nervous.

Aga quickly noticed her anxiety so he held her hand and gently caressed it. Lea's eyes caught the gesture but looked away immediately.

"Ma! You're here! Wh-" Athena was about to give Denise a hug when she saw her mom sitting almost across Denise, "Mommy."

Lea on the other hand was taken aback by how Athena called Denise and by how excited her voice was. Did she just hear her daughter call Denise 'Ma'?

"Mommy, you're here pala. I-I didn't know you're coming," instead of hugging Denise, she went straight to her mom to kiss her cheeks.

"Actually, hindi ko rin alam kung paano ako napunta dito," she uttered, looking at Aga who looked away quickly to avoid her meaningful eyes.

Athena wanted to give her mom a hug. She just confessed to her a week ago about her feelings toward her dad and now here she is sharing the same table with her dad's girlfriend.

Silence, for the third time, occupied the space between them. Through her peripheral vision, she could see how the three exchanged looks and she felt betrayed.

Of course, I was gone for 6 years. Of course, a lot has changed.

"Mommy, it's Sunday today," Athena started, hoping if she could invite her at the event this afternoon but remembered that she promised to eat lunch with her mom today.

Lea sighed, "I know, anak, pero may taping ako for The Voice. If you like, you can come over para maka-kain tayo nang sabay this lunch."

Athena looked at Denise which confused Lea, "Bakit? Is there any problem, anak?"

Denise then replied, "Ngayon kasi 'yong modeling event ni Athena."