Separated

"Hi, tita!" Athena greeted her Tita Dawn happily.

"Oh, hi there, pretty girl." she greeted back. "Where's your mom?"

"She's in the bathroom pa po." she answered. As if on cue, Lea went out of the bathroom holding her now round tummy and saw that Athena's already talking to Dawn.

"Oh, magkausap na kayo. D, akala ko ba, you're on your work?" she asked.

"Mag-hi ka nga muna. Parang ayaw mo akong kausap ah?" she joked again, "No. Break namin ngayon. Eh, wala na rin naman akong magawa dito."

"Oh, I miss you, too!" Lea said and sat at the edge of their bed.

"Grabe ka, oh. Uy, ang laki na ng tiyan mo! Kabuwanan mo na ba?" she asked her and excitement was evident.

Lea smiled and nodded, "Sumisipa sipa na nga eh."

"That's cute! Paano kayo diyan sa bahay ninyo? Paano kapag biglang sumikat 'yang tiyan mo? Kakayanin ka ba ng anak mo?" the typical Dawn asked consequently.

"Lumabas ka diyan sa laptop. Be here para maging okay." Lea answered followed by a giggle. "No, we're fine. Lagi namang nandito si Rob eh. Aalis lang siya when he needs to get off to work. Then he'll be back spending his free remaining hours with us. So, no worries. Besides, his work is just near here. Just a call away."

Dawn nodded with a smile on her face, "Rob the superman pala ang peg niyang prince charming mo."

"Sort of." Lea answered and smiled.

"By the way, kabuwanan na rin ni Denise ngayon. We saw her and Aga last week. Sa mall. Ang laki na rin ng tiyan."

Aga...

Denise...

Oh, yeah.

"That's good. I can't believe, it has been 8 months since we went here in America. 8 months since they got married. At magkakaanak na sila. Time flies so fast, indeed." she commented.

"Oo nga, eh. Mukha naman silang masaya. But you know what? Lagi kang kinukumusta ni Aga. Pero hindi naman namin mabanggit na buntis ka kasi ayaw mo ngang sabihin. Hay."

"At least, he knows that I'm fine, pero hindi naman na niya ako kailangang kumustahin. Magselos pa 'yong asawa niya, 'no."

Dawn escaped a laugh before answering, "Ay, true. Tsaka fafa Rob's with you naman. And speaking of, what's the real score?"

Lea bit her lips and smiled, that genuine smile, a smile that only Rob could make her show, "We're... Happy."

Dawn suddenly clapped her hands in happiness, "Oh, gracious! That smile! Kilig 'yang ngiti mong 'yan. Ngiting inlove. Finally! Finally, Lei, your heart beat again."

Athena joined the conversation, "Ay, nako, tita. Kung nakikita mo lang kung paano sila maglambingan ni papa. Feeling anniversary everyday!" Lea pinched her cheeks.

"Ay, ganon? Sinasabi ko na nga ba eh!" answered Dawn.

"Ito talaga, napakadaldal!" Lea then pinched Athena's nose.

"Buti naman you opened your heart para kay Rob. Buti naman, you gave yourselves a chance," commented Dawn.

Lea smiled again, "Minsan nga, naiisip ko, why didn't I give him a chance nong una pa lang. Edi sana, things wouldn't be this worse."

"Okay na rin 'yong ganyan. At least, nagbunga. Nagkaroon ng lesson. Di ba? At least, you opened possibilities. Right?"

She nodded.

"Pero, sa tingin mo, years from now, If ever given a chance, makauwi kayo dito sa Pilipinas, and you get to see each other again, will there still be a chance?" pilyang tanong ni Dawn which made Lea's forehead crease.

"Ano bang tanong 'yan, D. Alam m--"

"If ever lang naman, Lei. We're not jumping into conclusion or whatever. If ever lang."

Lea stopped for a while, "I have Rob. He has Denise. We're both happy with what we have right now. 'Yong chance na 'yon, siguro, wala na. Siguro hindi na. Ayaw ko na rin namang lokohin 'yong sarili ko."

--

It was past 12 in the midnight when Aga found himself, sitting outside their room. (Aga and Denise).

He is, of course, contented and happy. But when at times that he's alone, he couldn't deny the fact that Lea resides still in his mind.

What if they're still together? What if he didn't sign that stupid annulment papers? What if he didn't give up? What if he didn't leave her?

But this is where their fate brought them. He has no idea where she is right now, what he knows is that Lea together with their daughter stays somewhere in America.

He misses them both.

He misses his wife-- his ex wife.

He misses his daughter.

He misses everything.

He then found himself visiting her profile on facebook. Nothing's changed. She's not posting any of her pictures. He wonders why. It has been 8 months. She's not doing any concerts or gigs or anything. She's, he thought, unproductive for the last 8 months.

The next thing, he clicked the message button, contemplating whether to send her a message, asking if everything's fine.

Hi? How are you?

Delete. Delete.

Hey? Messaged you to ask if...

Delete, Aga, delete.

He ended up closing his laptop. He has always been like this. He wanted to ask her, to talk to her but he has no guts and courage to do so. What he could do is...

To accept the fact that everything between them is over. And gone. And is good for memories. Sweet and bitter memories.

---

Hi, guys! I'm sorry for this short update and for making you wait. I've been very busy the past few days. I'm sorry, this was all I could come up with. I'll make it up to you, guys, next update. Abang abang lang. Marami pang mangyayari. Try guessing! Ciao! Love you all. -beey