TGOD- 14

It seems like a typical day. It seems like an ordinary day for the ordinary Lea and Aga but it isn't. Though they woke up beside each other, Lea enclosed in Aga's arms, they know that they aren't the same anymore. That things suddenly felt different.

"Babes, please," he pleaded again for the nth time. Lea, who just got out of the bathroom from a bath looked at her husband. She opened up to him last night about her plan of filing an annulment but Aga didn't like the idea.

"Aga, stop it. We've talked about this last night."

"Pero hindi ko sinabi sa'yong gusto ko 'yong sinabi mo kagabi," he blurted, "Lea, we're in this together, 'di ba? Hindi mareresolba ang problema natin kung 'yong naiisip mo lang na solusyon, eh, 'yong hiwalayan natin. Babes, no."

Lea wouldn't budge no matter how hard Aga tries to convince her. Her decision is final and there is nothing and no one– not even her husband– who could stop her from doing this, "Whether you like it or not, you will sign the annulment papers. They should arrive here by tomorrow. I talked to the lawyer already."

"Para saan ba, Lea?"

"Para sa anak mo," she shortly replied as she sat in front of her vanity mirror to fix herself, "Aga, hindi ka ba nag-iisip?"

"'Di ba dapat ikaw ang tanungin ko niyan, Lei?" he stood up, "Lea, you are smart and I know that you know better than this. This isn't the smartest idea in the world y-"

"I know, Aga!" she hissed, "This isn't the smartest but this is the best. The smartest idea doesn't have to be the best but the best is always the smartest. Do you get my point? Aga, kung ako lang? Hindi kita hihiwalayan. Pero hindi ako selfish!"

"Selfish ba ang piliin kita?"

"Oo," she stood up to look at her husband. It is still too early to pick up a fight but this is inevitable. The moment Denise dropped the bomb, she knows that arguments between her and Aga will follow. Every now and then.

"Selfish ang piliin ko ang asawa ko? Lea, I know. Kahit hindi mo aminin, galit ka sa akin kasi nabuntis ko siya. Pero just so you know, galit din ako sa sarili ko dahil hinayaan kong mangyari 'to but then again I didn't know things would be this complicated. Had I known you'd be back, I wouldn't have gotten myself in a relationship."

"Stupid," she uttered, "Kaya mo lang ba ako hihintayin kasi binigyan kita ng kasiguraduhang babalik ako? Hindi mo ako nahintay, Aga. That's it."

Aga only sighed. He will never win against Lea. He never will. Lea will always have an answer. She will always think of a better comeback that would make him think he is inferior that it is him who always commits mistake. With all of these in front of him, he resorted to his one last option.

Lea on the other hand was shocked to see her husband kneeling in front of her. The last time he knelt down was when he proposed to her and of course that's a different story. She doesn't want anyone kneeling down, asking for anything. She isn't a god, "Aga, stand up."

"Babes, please. Hindi ko kaya kung mawawala ka ulit sa akin. Kakausapin ko si Denise. Sasabihin ko sa kanyang kaya kong panagutan 'yong anak namin nang hindi tayo naghi-hiwalay. Lea, please."

She cupped his cheeks and didn't mind the sudden fall of tears on hers, "Aga, mahal kita. But this isn't just about us anymore. Hindi na lang tayong dalawa sa kwentong 'to. Nandiyan si Denise at nandiyan ang anak niyo. Nanay rin ako. And if I were in her shoes, I would do the same."