TGOD- 10

LEA

As I stepped out of the car, looks were given to me. I was crying so hard that I found it hard to look around me, everything was in a blur. I didn't mind everyone's looks. Ang alam ko lang ngayon, I have to talk to Miguel.

It's late at night already and I didn't want to disturb my friends dahil alam kong lahat sila busy na. So, I instead called Miguel who was worried sick of me when he heard my sobs earlier.

I stepped inside the elevator, silently praying that no one will enter aside from me. I know I look like a complete mess and I don't want anyone to see me in this state. I just hope no one recognized me as I am, though dahil sigurado akong laman ako ng balita kapag nagkataon.

Gods heard my prayer dahil nakarating ako sa floor kung nasaan ang unit ni Miguel alone inside the elevator. I heaved a sigh as I knocked on his door. Hindi pa ako nagt-tagal ay agad na bumukas ang pinto.

I saw how his eyes widened the moment he saw me crying, "Lei."

I wiped the tears on my cheeks and he enclosed me in a tight hug, "What happened? Come inside."

He locked the door behind him as I occupied the couch, "Wait, let me just get you a glass of water."

I waited for a brief moment and I took the chance to pull myself together and wiped the tears using the handkerchief I have inside my bag. I heaved breaths of relief and comfort.

"Ano bang nangyari?" he asked once again as he handed me a glass of water which I gladly drank right away. Sa dami ng luhang pumatak sa mata ko, I feel extremely dehydrated.

He was about to sit across me but I held his hand to ask him to sit beside me.

"I'm willing to listen, Lei."

"I'm tired, Miguel. I am so tired of everything."

"Why?"

"Bakit ba laging ako ang mali sa paningin niya? I'm not doing anything behind his back, Migs. Wala akong ginagawa. Eh, siya nga 'tong harap-harapan akong tinatraydor, eh. This isn't what I want for the two of us. This is not the scene I pictured out in my head. He has Denise. I have... I have only myself and Athena. Bakit ba niya ako ginaganito? I'm tired of defending myself from all of his accusations."

"What did he tell you?" Miguel eyed me, "Would you like me to talk to him? I'm pretty sure it's-"

"No," I replied, "Hayaan mo na siya. Pagod na akong makipag-away sa kanya at intindihin kung ano man 'yong issue niya. I'm tired of trying to make him feel that I want him to fight for me this time."

"You are just tired, Lea," he blurted, "You don't want to give up yet, right?"

"I called it off."

He slightly chuckled which I somehow found offensive. Biruin mong nagd-drama ka tapos tatawa?

"Your relationship isn't just a switch, Lea. You can't just say you called it off and it's over. No. Why don't you give him one last chance? If he lets this last chance slip away, let it be a sign."

"Last chance? Does he even deserve that from me?"

"You love him."