Back Into Fighting Shape

The World Martial Arts Tournament is in a few months! Oh my Kai! I can't believe it! I need to get myself training again. I train a lot but I need to get more sparring in. I need to spar with a good sparring partner. Let's see, Gohan? No, too wrapped up in being a super hero... oh brother... what is he? The next cape wearing dork? But I love him.

Who else... how about Piccolo? No, he probably not give me the time of day... Tien? Maybe... if I am desperate... Yamcha? Same reason... Krillin? Nope, he is with 18, and he is never going to give me time to spar... I could spar with Trunks and Goten, but they wouldn't have enough experience... I love them too but they aren't brilliant fighters.

Looks like there is one left... Vegeta.

I got myself ready to do some training and Chi-Chi and Bulma were at the kitchen table, drinking tea and gossiping like two high school girls talking about which guy is hotter. I never understood how they could do that day in and day out. Yes, I am a girl, but I don't act like 90% of these girls on this planet. I mean, come on! I don't go around batting my eyelashes and getting my self all pretty to impress some hopefully nice jerk that supposeabley has feelings for me. I am not desperately seeking for a guy... I don't chase guys around either, what is that all about?

Like, Hey I just met you, I am crazy, so would you date me? Or call me maybe?

No wonder Vegeta gets confused...

"Hey, Bulma, where is Vegeta? I need a sparring partner for the tournament." I asked and Bulma looked at me.

"If you get him to do something other than twiddling his thumbs for awhile, it will be a miracle. Knock yourself out trying to get him to do something with fighting." Bulma replied.
"Thanks Bulma, he must be at the house." I said and ran out of the house and flew to Bulma's.

I ran into Bulma's and I met Trunks at the door. "Hey God mom, what are you doing here?" Trunks said, a welcoming phrase for a boy like him.
"Hey Trunks, where is your dad? I need him for some training." I said and Trunks beemed. "Training for what? Why don't you take me?" Trunks asked and I wanted to give him the straight answer. "Why don't you go over to Goku's and see Goten, both of you could spar." I totally didn't tell him the straight. "Yeah sounds fun! Can you take me there with that way when you put your fingers on your head?" Trunks asked.
"One, this technique is called instant transmission. And sure, why not, hold on!" I said, instant transmissioned back and forth.

"Vegeta? Are you home?" I asked when I went into the house. "Who's asking?" Vegeta said, wearing his pink shirt and bright yellow dress pants. "Well, I thought you would never wear that again... get your training stuff on. There is a tournament in a month." I said and Vegeta didn't move. "You know there is no use for me fighting, there is no competition." He said and I smiled a huge smile. "What?!"

"You don't want to fight because Goku is gone... he was your motivation!" I said fitting the pieces of the puzzle. "I will spar with you anytime, anywhere, and win. Let me get ready and I will show you." And he ran to his room and went to change. It made me happy that he wanted to spar with me.

After he got dressed, I went with Vegeta. We both went near the spot where I had my first date with Vegeta. "Is this familiar to you?" I asked and we both started to spar. I dodged him, he dodged me, we were evenly matched for once. What did this mean? Then I heard a voice in my head too familiar to me.

"Hey sis! I am going to be part of the tournament! I hope to see you soon!" And it went away. It was Goku! Goku! You're coming back!