Keep it to Yourself

"Take that collar off."

Seth was by my side walking down the hallway the second I left Roman's office.

"Where did you run off to?"

"No where! I saw you kiss him."

"So?"

"I don't want you kissing him!" He exclaimed. I was about sick of people telling me what to do.

"Your not the boss of me."

"And he is?"

"At least he doesn't keep things from me."

"Take that damn collar off now."

"Fine! You take it off," I say turning and lifting my hair.

"I can't touch that thing!"

"Are you serious! He only had it in his hand for a minute."

"I'm not touching it!"

"Not all Royals are bad!"

"Angel you don't understand-"

"No, I don't understand your strangeness, and I'm beginning not to care." I turn and walk away. Is he really that conceited about immortals he won't touch a silly chain just because Daemon had his hands on it?

I walk to the kitchen and grab a silver tray, a glass, and a plate for Daemon. Seth was already there and I ignore him continuing my task.

"Don't pretend I'm not here. I know you can see me."

"Yeah, I seem to be the only one that can see you."

"Angel-"

"Make yourself useful and hand me a fork and knife."

"I can't."

"You have got to be kidding me! They clean their silverware everyday! Hand me the damn thing!" He doesn't move and I angrily push pass him and grab it myself. "You know your acting no better than the Royals."

I leave, my anger boiling as I struggle to balance the tray of food. I was never really good at this anyway. Seth has disappeared but what else is new? For the first time ever I was glad he wasn't beside me.

***

Daemon wasn't in his room when I returned, so I left his lunch on his bed. My chores for today were done, and Daemon wasn't around to order me to do anything else. So I decided to wander by myself.

***

"Angel!" I heard someone call my name as I lingered through the halls. I spun around to see Dimitri rushing towards. Before I can utter a greeting he grips me by my shoulders and pushes me back through a door and into a room.

He flicks on the lights and it revealed a black and red bedroom, decorated with a punk rock theme. The wrought iron bed had a girly but dark canopy hovering over it. The floors were carpeted in a dark red. There was a vanity covered in nail polishes, and makeup tools.

"Is this Audrey's room?"

"No silly this is my room!"

"Oh."

"Anyway, I have a boatload of shit to tell you-" he pauses staring at my neck. "OMIGODS!!! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT!!" His voice was so loud I had to cover my ears. I put my hand over my pendant and turn away.

"Nowhere, it's nothing." He suddenly tackles me to the floor and holds my hands above my head.

"Are those real diamonds! They are!"

"Dimitri let me go!"

"Did you steal them?"

"No!"

"I won't blame you if you did! I'd steal diamonds too!"

"Daemon gave it to me!"

"Did you have sex with him?"

"No! Why would I sleep with him?"

"He gave you diamonds!"

"So?"

"If Daemon gave me diamonds you'd better believe I'd give it to him good!"

"Dimitri get off of me!"

He releases me and I scramble to my feet.

"Why did you pull me in here?"

"I have something to tell you!" He said pulling me towards his bed. He plopped on and pulled me with him, crossing his legs and sitting in a pretzel. "Okay first off, what are you doing tomorrow?"

"I have a lesson with Moreau."

"Well then after that meet me at the front doors! Me and Audrey decided to take you into the city!"

"What city?"

"It's called New York to mortals. We decided since you've probably never seen it and might not get another chance to we'd take you."

"Is that allowed?"

"Nope!" But who cares?" He sang. I beamed a smile. That far away from the mansion, I could runaway if I wanted to. I'm actually surprised they trust me so much.

"And there is something else I wanted to ask you about..."

"What?"

"Remember when we were out in the gardens?"

"Yeah." How could I forget? The floral beauty, the cliche moonlight...

"Did you see anything strange or out of the ordinary?"

"I saw Leonardo there."

"No I mean with Mara, but what was Leonardo doing there?"

"I don't know. But I didn't see anything strange with Mara." Besides the fact that she might have seen Seth.

"Well just help me keep an eye on her."

"Okay, but what did you see."

"Don't worry about it. But don't tell Audrey, keep it to yourself."