Façade

As we walk from the interrogation room I feel the doctors hand tighten on my shoulder. Out of all the Royals here I never expected him to be the kindest. Maybe Daemon isn't as bad as I thought he was, maybe not all Royals are that awful, maybe they just pretend to be.

I couldn't help but hope Daemon was just like the doctor, but what he told me before I left is still ringing through my mind.

I FEEL SO SORRY FOR YOU...

What does that even mean? Is it because I was becoming a personal maid, or because I was becoming a personal maid for Daemon?

As we walk I realize I don't know his name. Despite the Royals we pass in the hall I look up and turn to ask him.

"Um...you never told me your..."

The next thing I know he slaps me across my face, the hit sending me stumbling back.

"Remember your place with me slave," he growls gripping me by the shoulder and forcibly spinning me to keep walking. "Move faster bitch this shouldn't be taking all day." He pushes me in my back and I pick up the pace.

I feel tears threaten to fall and I rapidly blink them back. What just happened?

Okay...so I was definitely wrong on so many levels... I can't believe I was excited about meeting Daemon, thinking back on it I realize how ludicrous my thoughts were. Maybe Royals don't pretend to be cruel, maybe they pretend to be nice.

**********