Omigods

"Trust me honey you really don't wanna know," Dimitri sighed. We sat on his bed as he painted over my finger and toenails with a dark purple to match my new dress. It was the first time I'd ever had my nails looking anything better then grotesque, and I was actually kind of liking it.

As much as I tried to enjoy the moment, the events that had occurred tonight were pulling my spirits down. Dimitri was attacked, and he refused to tell me why, then Alex came and went completely wild animal on the attackers, which I have to say was pretty hot. Sadly it was us who were thrown out of the store, and though our shopping night was cut short, we still had the relic of my gorgeous dress.

Still, I'll never forget the look in Alex's eyes when he was fighting. The way he fought made me think he hadn't had a drink of blood in too long. It was a side of him that, again was incredibly sexy, but one I didn't wanna see again.

"Please tell me what happened," I begged.

"No. It's not meant for your ears," he sighed. Is he serious?

"Cut the shit and tell me."

"No, nothing on this fucked up earth is going to make me tell you anything so you might as well let it go."

"Tell me, or I'll ruin my nails."

"Omigods! Okay! Okay! N-no need to get crazy!" He exclaimed. He shutters at the thought eyeing my painted nails like a work of art.

"Dimitri, did they attack you because...you like other people...?" I ask not knowing how to piece my words together without coming out sounding rude.

"What?" He says not understanding.

"Did they attack you because your gay?" I blurt.

"What! No!!!'"

"I didn't mean to offend you!"

"Why would you say that!?!"

"I'm sorry! I didn't know you being gay was a touchy subject!"

"ANGEL OMI-Fucking-GODS!"

"I'm sorry! I'll stop talking about you being gay!"

"ANGEL!!!!" He cries. "Stop doing that!!"

Shut up Angel!

Shut up!

I don't wanna lose Dimitri as a friend, he was one of the only Royals I actually liked, and trusted. I enjoyed his company, and simply hearing him talk. It didn't bother me at all that he was into men. I mean I'm into men and there is nothing weird about that at all. I snap my mouth shut not wanting to make matters worse.

"Angel, why are you saying that?"

"Because I thought they were against gays! But I'm not, really. I'm perfectly okay with you being attracted to the same sex! I really think of you as a friend and..."

"Angel shut the fuck up for a minute he says." I calm and comply shutting my lips tight. "Just for the record to prevent another argument like that-" he states. "I'M NOT GAY." He says it calmly loud so I understand.

"What! Your not gay?"

"No. What makes you think I'm gay?"

"Your room is girly!"

"No it's humanish...if that's a word. I just really like human things."

"The shopping?"

"That's so sexist! I'm not aloud to shop cause I have a dick?"

"The painting your nails? The makeup?"

"Lots of humans did it!"

"Yeah, females!"

"Oh, really? Nobody really knows what humans use to do in reference to their genders. I thought all humans did that."

I slump onto his bed dazed, my head spinning. I really thought he was gay.

"Don't you dare mess up your nails!"

I lift my nails up to the light still trying to get my thoughts together.

"So why did those people attack us?"

"Because of you."

"What?" It was my fault? How? I did nothing wrong.

"I was treating you like an immortal, like a Royal. They didn't like it."

"I'm so sorry," I tell him, pulling him into a hug.

He hugs me back his hands smithing over me and..

Wait not gay.... he's not gay.

I quickly withdraw away and awkwardly chuckle.

"Wait...back in store, in the changing booth, you saw me naked."

"Yes, I did. And if I forgot to tell you, your boobs are huge," he sang with a mischievously charming grin.

Suddenly a knock at the door interrupts up, followed by Leonardo abruptly coming in.

"Leo what the hell do you want?" Dimitri barked.

"I need to talk to you. Now. It's urgent. Send the mortal back to it's room."

"I have a name," I mutter.

"I don't give two fucks, get out."

***

I left Dimitri's room, in anger, careful not to touch the walls or anything, desperately trying to keep my new manicure intact. Dimitri said he'd do my hair in the mourning, but I think I wanted to take another lesson with Moreau first, early enough before the eastern clan came, which I was not looking forward to.

I still can't believe Dimitri isn't gay. Out of every event that has transpired tonight this has to be the most shocking.

I walk back to Daemon's room, and creak the door open and the whole room is completely dark. He must be asleep. I silently shut the door and walk across the hall to my bedroom. It was small, compared to Daemon's with a light purple hue theme to keep me sane. But it was better than sharing bunk-beds with other obedient servants.

I was eager since sleep was only behind the door, where for a couple of hours I could forget about everything and fall into the void of black slumber.

I open the door to find Roman, sitting on my bed waiting for me.