Green Eyes

"Okay so now that we've covered that let's move on to religion," Moreau said.

I tried to focus on what he said, but Im a drifter. I can't linger on the same thing for too long, plus I have to much going on right now.

I saw Seth, and what I think was Mara's mother at the mall. How could Seth had possibly left that place if he's a servant? I had to be smuggled out of this place! How did he possibly slip through? And what if what Roman was saying was true? But it still leads so many things unexplained.

Not only that but...I could be losing Daemon. Not that I actually ever had him, but still. He gave me my most prized possession, which I have yet to remove from my neck. And now he was being given off to love another selfish Royal for all of eternity.

And what about Alex? He'a just as mysterious as Seth. He was melting hot in the back seat, and he knows he was! So I can't be making it up, it has to be real. Then how he attacked those Royals, fierce and strong. Had I witnessed a Royal without their daily need of human blood? How long until he goes crazy?

Then there is all the side shit, like Erica bending over backwards for Roman, who by the way is threatening to steal my second most prize possession, my virginity. And Mara, being the fake shy mischievous little brat she is. Though I don't blame here, if stay quiet around Royals if I was in her place, but I know she knows something.

Then I'm brought back to the Seth issues, with his pathetic Royalphobia, if that's even a word. And his disappearing...then the thought of Seth, and all my feelings for him being a fabrication of my mind...then last, but not least, Moreau.

As much as I hate to admit it, he's grown on me. And it kills me to think Adelle has him by trapping him with immortality.

She doesn't deserve him.

Or his sexy accent whispering sweet nothing's to her ever night...

Suddenly I felt my thoughts shatter into millions of pieces dispersing to the unreachable corners of my mind. I look up to see Moreau had dropped a large book on the floor to grab my attention.

"I'm sorry, I just have so much on my mind I-"

"I know," he interrupts me.

"What do you mean you know?"

"Back to the lesson. So we were on the topic of religion, but you most likely missed every word I said."

"I'm sorry, I should listen more, I know you don't have to be teaching me."

"No, I don't," he snaps.

"So why did you agree to teach me?" I retort.

"Well honestly because I enjoy your company."

I can't help but let the roses bloom bright on my cheeks. I mentally scolded myself for fantasizing over a married man.

"But back to the lecture, before the Eastern Clan shows up."

"Okay."

"So, as you know Royals believe in polytheism, the belief in more than one god. It is actually believed that there are three gods."

I listened with as much intent I could absorbing every bit of information.

"Their names are Lycan, Stigori, and Fey."

"Odd names."

"These are actually creatures from human folklores."

"So their made up?"

"Yes."

"Then how is that a religion if its from old human stories?"

"We need something to believe on whether its fake or not. Though we don't have actual proof it's real, we don't have actual proof it's fake either."

"Do you believe in this?"

"No. I believe in only one god."

"What's his name?"

"Jehovah," he answered. "Anyway, the three gods in the Royal's religion have other names you might know. Fey, the goddess of beauty, love, and harmony, is also known as a fairy, pixie, or whimsically ethereal creature. Like an Angel, or Nymph.

Stigori, god of life and death, other wise known as a Vampire.

Then there is Lycan, god of war, and battles, other wise known as a wolf-man, or werewolf, or shape shifter.

It's prophesied that the children of Stigori, which is basically all Royals, will be slain by the children of Lycan, and that a child of Fey will heal the earth, starting a new."

"Why do the Royals have to be murdered by Lycan's children?"

"For taking the earth from the humans. It belonged to them, and for there to be peace, we must all die."

"That's a horrible religion."

"But," he continues, it is also said that the world would be replenished by a child of Fey, and the world will restart."

"I don't like that religion."

"Then believe in another. Believe in a mortal religion."

"So how does Lycan attack Stigori, if Stigori is like a vampire? I thought vampires were the strongest of all species?" I say trying to pass the time.

"No, Lycan is the superior god..." He goes into detail but I fade off getting lost in the information. It's to much obtain on my already cluttered mind, so I focus on him. "Lycan was stronger when it came to battles, bronze or brains he was the best. And he..." He goes farther in but I focus on his eyes that were now back to ruby red, the icy blue contacts he had now gone. "He was able to love, another creature and form a bond with it..." I never noticed why Roman's roots don't grow back black. They're always so white. It's like it's his natural hair color. "His children also had Lycan's abilities, which included camouflaged, immortality, strength..." I wonder if he actually loved Lillian, the daughter he had with Adelle...well stole with Adelle. It's so sad how the poor child was stuck with that horrible woman. At least she had Moreau for a father. "Their only weakness was silver, and the blood of Stigori...or AV blood."

"Okay!" I yell. "Enough teaching about fairies, and shape-shifters and Vampires. Lets do something else."

"Like what? Do you wanna go over your math again?"

"Hell no. Lets talk about you."

"Okay."

"Can you take your contacts out?"

"Why?" He asked defensive. Because I wanted to make sure his eyes weren't a beautiful light brown hazel, like Seth's. He did in a weird way remind me of him. Not in appearance, mostly because Moreau was sexy all by his self. It wasn't by the way he acted. It was more like the way he thought. His subtle way of flirting his stern yet soft demeanor, his almost despise but pride for Royals...

"I just wanna see your real eyes," I settle with that simple answer. I stand from my loaner desk, and walk towards him. He backs up a bit, cautious. "Please?" I coax. He sighs, indifferent, but he complies. He slips his contacts off, and blinks a few times. When he finally looks at me I expect to see the dark soulless eyes that I saw on every Royal. But I didn't. And I didn't see Alex's or Seth's mysterious hazel eyes either.

Moreau's eyes were green.